Would an SS in Texas meet California's emissions regulations?

Tru Killer

I may be buying an SS from Texas, and after reading on the California DMV website it says that

"Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold only in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-state) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California-certified (50-state) vehicles are made to be sold in California."

So I am concerned that the truck might not be California certified. Does anyone know if it would be? Or better yet could anyone with an SS in Texas verify this for me? The DMV website also said that the emission label under the hood (as seen in the link above) will tell if it is or not.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Unless it has California emission then probably not.... It's possible it has it or 50 state emissions but you would need to look at emission label. I would ask the seller to verify for you. Often you will find states that border with California will order vehicles CA emissions... so its possible depending on where it came from originally....

I was stationed in CA, had job offers out there after I got out. Refused them all. I will never go to CA for any amount of money. F that place

Ditto that..... I don't care for their gun laws and I don't care for their vehicle laws.