How much could I get out of this '04 SS

canam32

We have a 2004 SS with about 130k on it. Its a Wisconsin truck. My dad has owned it since brand new. Always was in a heated garage and was always serviced on a regular basis by a certified dealership. Last week he just got it back from the auto body shop and had the truck body redone professionally to get rid of any rust on the body. New front fenders, southern box which he got undercoated now, and new rocker panels. Truck is in mint condition for an '04. I guess we are looking for some offers and some ideas on what we can get out of it to someone that can appreciate the truck that the SS is.. thanks for any info or input on this ride..

I've got my black '05 AWD up for sale as well and have right around 129k on it, also in excellent condition. I'm trying to get $14.5k for mine but the best offer I've received so far is $12.5k. Most of the offers I get are from Craig's List trolls texting me "$10k cash" without even coming out to look at the truck. It's a tough market for trucks like these unfortunately but if you are patient you'll find the right buyer who can appreciate the truck for what it is and what you've invested in it to make it worth the asking price. Honestly I would not expect to get more than right around book value for it, whatever that is for your specific truck based on year, mileage and options. Aftermarket parts, while certainly a way to sweeten the deal for a prospective buyer, don't really add anything to resale value so if your truck is heavily modded you'd be better off returning it to stock and selling off the aftermarket parts to recoup some of your investment there.

That's just my $0.02 fwiw