Quality Headlight Projectors?

Hey guys, I've posted about this before but I'm having trouble again. I bought these Halo Style projectors from 1aauto.com to replace the stock headlights on my 97 Chevy C1500 pickup, does anyone have any experience with this site? Do they sell quality parts? From my understanding these are only styled to be like halo projectors but I don' think that one can put an led kit in the back of these.. Also can somebody tell me how to wire the halo? where do the red and black wires go on the truck wiring? Would really appreciate some help on this..

George

post-27588-0-21044900-1491195676_thumb.jpg

post-27588-0-90995300-1491195680_thumb.jpg

post-27588-0-47755400-1491196628_thumb.jpg

post-27588-0-01085700-1491196637_thumb.jpg

When I used to have a c1500 and had those headlights I wired the red wire to the hot wire on one of my parking lights hot wires... it worked for me since my headlights were also my running lights the halos would only turn on when I turned on my light at night time...the black wire is just a ground

When I used to have a c1500 and had those headlights I wired the red wire to the hot wire on one of my parking lights hot wires... it worked for me since my headlights were also my running lights the halos would only turn on when I turned on my light at night time...the black wire is just a ground

Thanks! As far as quality goes, how do these compare to the stock lights in your opinion, better? Worse?

I suspect once you see the light output from those you'll be throwing them in the trash. There isn't a single good "projector" style housing made for the GMT400 trucks. The only way you get a good one is to make your own, retrofitting good projectors into a regular housing. It's a job...and you'll need to open up the core support metal a little to make room (no big deal.)

Richard

Thanks! As far as quality goes, how do these compare to the stock lights in your opinion, better? Worse?

the ones I had sucked! I sold them and got clear black ones with hids.. I had better light output with the clear ones I had

Quality and aftermarket are words that don't belong in the same sentence.....

true... every now and then you get lucky and get something that actually works really good... but nothing compared to the factory stuff

Quality and aftermarket are words that don't belong in the same sentence.....

don't know much about lighting, how about putting an led kit in these? There's also these projectors from LMC truck that I like, either the top one or the bottom one would be good, really leaning towards the LED set. Damn for the price they better be quality.. The new OEM set of headlights costs 265.00 on 1A Auto :thumbsdown: , but you know what they say, just because something is more expensive doesn't make the quality better, any more input guys? I think I might just return these and buy the LED Halo Set from LMC Truck

George

here they are either the top one or the bottom one would work

post-27588-0-26476100-1491372950_thumb.jpg

No offense intended but I think you aren't really listening. If you're dead set on having that style then go for it, just saying when you decide later the light output and pattern sucks, you were warned.

LED's won't make it better and in most cases will be even worse.

You want killer light output and pattern then do your own retrofit using quality lenses and retrofit real projectors in them, and put quality HID's behind those. Problem is finding decent quality aftermarket lenses to chop up, you don't want the OEM lenses in this case because they don't have a clear lens, but a faceted/somewhat frosted style that doesn't really work with the projector retrofit setup. TYC used to make about the best aftermarket lens for a GMT400 truck but that particular one isn't available anymore.

Richard

FYI 1AAA auto sells either repo parts or if it is oem they buy from a dealer who marks up and then 1AAA auto marks up again..... go direct to a dealer and skip a level of markup or goto a place like gmparts.com. It's a dealer who basically sells at cost plus 10ish and then bangs you on shipping but still cheaper then retail at your local dealer.... unless he is willing to deal a bit......

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

yeah thanks for the input guys, I wasn't really looking for killer light output i think the light output that these trucks put out with the stock halogen bulbs is fine.What i was worried about was that these projectors that I bought might even possibly provide me with worse light output.. ya know? I was mainly looking to upgrade the look to look more sleek, but not at the cost of having worse light output. I think i might just return these to 1A Auto and just buy a new set of stock halogen projectors.

George