IA new guy

Buzzkill

Hello all, just got a 2003 SS. Stock except for a cold air kit. Love it! I'll be looking at mods some time, but for now its my replacement truck for hauling my car to the track. Figured "why get regular Silverado when I can go to the strip with this!"

Welcome. What part of Iowa? We used to live outside of Des Moines and I got transferred down to the South 3 years ago..... don't miss my snow blower!

Keokuk, SE corner. 2 miles to IL or MO depending on which bridge you cross.

Thanks for the welcome. So far the only issue I've had is a crappy aftermarket stereo install (nice stereo, bad job) and the batt went dead due to a DVD player.
Got it started again and I figured out (thanks Google) that it needed a relearn. Went for a ride today and did MANY pulls from idle at easy, part and hard throttle and it runs and pulls like a champ. Maybe even better then when I got it.
Looking forward to hooking up the trailer and getting to the track. I like winter, but the car doesnt...