Big Favor

chevybowtie72

Could anybody do me a favor. I need a pic or confirm what part number is on your air bag module. Should be under the passenger seat and right underneath bolted on the seat frame. I found it best to take a pic on my iPhone to read the number. Been trying to track down a service air bag message. I believe it's the module. Just to be sure since gm changes part numbers so much even back when on the same parts just different years. Looking the part number out of a 03 SS.

post-10911-0-21688100-1489950106_thumb.jpg

Edited by chevybowtie72 (see edit history)

The airbag module is under the drivers seat, its a silver box bolted to the floor. It's hard to tell, but I think the one in your pic is the seat position sensor for the dual stage air bag. My system shows 12220290 or 12231770 as the module part numbers. They interchange with any non-crew cab '03 1500. Have you tried the front airbag sensors under the radiator support? That's what usually goes bad and trips the airbag light.

Edited by eberhama (see edit history)

Sounds like u know what your talking about. Not to sure if u can help futher. So here's my dilemma. I bought the truck this way. I was told that the seats where changed out. Come to find out that the seats could be out of a 2500 crew cab which I did find a sticker under neath the seat stating so. When I researched this awhile ago. A member stated that the 2500 and up where only one way sensor for the passenger side. The 1500 where a 2 way. I assumed that I needed a 2 way seat sensor which I got but come to find out that the passenger seat has the exact same one right down to the same part number. So now I beleive it's the seat postion sensor module. The rear view mirror always says that the passenger side air bag is off even with someone sitting in it with dash switch on position. Air bag light lit on dash with message on the dic. Also assuming both seats where changed out or maybe just the drivers side. Just trying not spend money where it's not needed. This is one that is hard to track down what it could be. I really don't think it's the sensors up in the core support. Could the sensor module be a one way? That's kind of why I'm asking for a part number. Also does the seat sensor module have to be reset or programmed to the vehicle if it did not come from the vehicle?

Yeah, that would be the problem. 2500's generally have the single stage airbags, and the 03/04(maybe 05) crew cabs have the "always on" passenger airbag. You'll need to figure out what your truck had originally, and what year your seats came out of. The pic you posted is of the passenger weight sensor, so that might be an original seat.