K&N to Volant CAI swap

brett_p

Has anyone switched from a k&n CAI to the Volant with the ram air scoop? Considering doing this, I've never been crazy about the oiled filter idea and I have the Volant CAI and power core filter in my Z71 and like it. Not sure if I would see any improvement from switching but just curious if anyone else has. To me the Volant setup just looks better under the hood as well.

I have the Volant CAI, with the ram scoop & the oiled filter. Honestly I didn't like the power core filter but that is my preference, but I do like the how the CAI looks good in the engine bay and installation was easy. Just be careful with the gaskets they can be flimsy.

the ram air scoop actually raised my IAT's in the summer. the scoop would pick up heat from the hot road. i ran my volant with no lid to see if it made a difference i wasn't able to see a difference in IAT temps at all.

the ram air scoop actually raised my IAT's in the summer. the scoop would pick up heat from the hot road. i ran my volant with no lid to see if it made a difference i wasn't able to see a difference in IAT temps at all.

Thanks for the response. Where i live there's no escaping the heat during the summer no matter what I do. But, I'm glad to know your experience. I'll probably leave the K&N on, I was just curious to see what everyone else experienced

I swapped out a K&N for the paper (Donaldson) Volant... I HATE oiled filters... my truck came with the K&N on it. I am happy with the Volant but didn't notice any change (seat of the pants dyno and gas mileage) going from one to the other.... heck they even sound the same when you get on it.

I swapped out a K&N for the paper (Donaldson) Volant... I HATE oiled filters... my truck came with the K&N on it. I am happy with the Volant but didn't notice any change (seat of the pants dyno and gas mileage) going from one to the other.... heck they even sound the same when you get on it.

I'm with you, I really don't care for the oiled filter which is why I was considering changing to volant.

Edited by brett_p (see edit history)

I'm with you, I really don't care for the oiled filter which is why I was considering changing to volant.

When I worked at a Dealer between jobs I saw way to many problems from people over oiling their filters. As you know the Volant to be has a more OE look to it. I was able to sell my K&N and help pay for the new one...,.

When I worked at a Dealer between jobs I saw way to many problems from people over oiling their filters. As you know the Volant to be has a more OE look to it. I was able to sell my K&N and help pay for the new one...,.

The new volant with the scoop is only $280 online right now, i was expecting it to be more. I may just have to grab one soon!

The new volant with the scoop is only $280 online right now, i was expecting it to be more. I may just have to grab one soon!

Auto anything is where I bought mine, they offer a $40 rebate for it. Money back for more toys.