Stupid aftermarket headlights/park lights

someotherguy

GM had a issue with the clear or protectant as they call it for the headlights and taillights. Thats why you see all the GM vehicles with yellow or hazy lights. They cant take the heat and they end up destroying themselves.

Yeah, I'm used to the clear failing on the headlights, but this one isn't even a year old yet. Almost literally a brand new GM headlight. Of course the seller denied my return request because "return period expired" although they are a GM dealer and the part has a 12 month warranty. I know I can call them direct and battle it out but honestly I'm getting tired of this shit. Why pay extra for OEM when it's the same Chinese garbage you'd get otherwise...these parts are made in China now just like the other stuff.

Looked at my wife's SS which the previous owner also cashed up for real GM headlights and although they're a couple years old now, still not THAT old and they're flaking like crazy. WTF garbage

Richard

I've done it myself to a number of them, but GMT400 headlights that were many years old. Wetsand, polish with a cloth wheel and Novus #2 plastic polish, clean them thoroughly, and spray a little clearcoat. Those lenses though were faceted, not plain clear, so any little flaws didn't stand out at all. The 03-07 Silvy lights being straight up clear you have to do a top notch job or any flaw is gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

Richard