Congratulations from Arkansas

davischevy

I have a 2004 Victory Red SSS that I bought in Troy, NC. I joined this site in January, 2007. Back then most of the talk was about modifications and DRAMA. I couldn't take the DRAMA and testosterone and quit coming around.

I didn't get tired of the SSS so I parked it in a heated warehouse with thirty something thousand miles on it. I drive it occasionally, and it has just over 40,000 miles now.

Now the site seems to be more about parts and maintaining the truck, and of course mods will always be a part of these trucks, but the DRAMA is gone. I have been looking around the last couple of days and it seems like the people here now are here to help others with a like interest.

Hence my title. I don't know if the moderators cleaned the site up or if the drama queens moved on to something else, but congratulations to this site for cleaning itself up, and being a quality resource for these trucks.

Larry

Edited by davischevy (see edit history)

Unfortunately; A side effect of losing the drama is that we've also lost most of the really interesting build / mod threads.

Most of the original owners of the trucks have moved on, both to other vehicles and sites and many of the newer members and truck owners don't have any idea as to how to use either this sites search function or Google search so we are covered up with a load of the same basic questions over and over.

On the other hand without those repeat questions, the site would be nearly dead.

Welcome back. Sounds like a real nice low mileage truck you've got there.

Welcome. As previously stated this site is almost dead. There are some days with zero posts and I wish it was a little busier but that's ok. These trucks are starting to get a little old but there seems to be a core group keeping this place going.

I think it just has died down so much that those guys all left. It is unfortunate that the site is so slow lately though. Anyways, welcome back!

Unfortunately; A side effect of losing the drama is that we've also lost most of the really interesting build / mod threads.

Most of the original owners of the trucks have moved on, both to other vehicles and sites and many of the newer members and truck owners don't have any idea as to how to use either this sites search function or Google search so we are covered up with a load of the same basic questions over and over.

On the other hand without those repeat questions, the site would be nearly dead.

Welcome back. Sounds like a real nice low mileage truck you've got there.

well said

• 3 weeks later...