Awd techs come in

Trying to purchase a 2003 silverado ss awd but, the guy is telling me they removed the front drive shaft due to truck being dropped i have heard removing front drive shaft is a bad idea , what i want to know is if the transfer case is messed up will any awd or 4x4 transfer case work or does it have to be specifically of an ss silverado .

Thnks in advanced any info helps

If the front drive shafts is out your going to Lose 40% of power. I had to do that once the difference was making so much noise. You can't use a 4wd transfer case it has to be AWD. I rebuilt mine for around 500. I bought a kit from yukon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yea it wines like if it was a super charger and yea really didn't feel like a 6.0 when i test drove it thats probably the reason why i guess ill just have to wait for a better deal

If the front drive shafts is out your going to Lose 40% of power. I had to do that once the difference was making so much noise. You can't use a 4wd transfer case it has to be AWD. I rebuilt mine for around 500. I bought a kit from yukon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It will send %100 to the rear for as long as it can before it fries. OP, vicious coupling is toast. Time for rebuild or replace.