Removing door cladding

EXGM

I have a question on door cladding. I see the tap is letting go on my passenger door at the front of the cladding. I want to remove it and put new tape on before it gets damaged. Do you have to remove the door panel? Any other tips?

Thanks!

Nope, comes off from the outside. Just take the clips and screws off the bottom, and cut the tape on the top. I wasn't real careful with mine as it was all getting repainted. I've heard you can use string/dental floss to saw the tape and avoid paint damage, but I've yet to try it.

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if I had to remove the door panel to get to an inside fastener. I've removed badges and trim on lots of cars. The ol fishing line trick is what I use also.

Guess that's why its so easy for people to steal cladding off the trucks. There's two arrival blue I've seen in my town and one has both front door cladding gone, and the other just one side... :/

Guess that's why its so easy for people to steal cladding off the trucks. There's two arrival blue I've seen in my town and one has both front door cladding gone, and the other just one side... :/

I know in south TX that's the trick for thieves to steal the emblems and also de SS wings that are not screwed on

Well I'm not sure it's that easy. You have to open the door to get to the fasteners they are hidden otherwise. So unless you remove the rocker moulding your not taking them off that easy....

Well I'm not sure it's that easy. You have to open the door to get to the fasteners they are hidden otherwise. So unless you remove the rocker moulding your not taking them off that easy....

I've opened quite a few Chevy using my personal Chevy key with some finesse,or the cut keys I have, unfortunately it's relatively easy...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what clips are used to hold the cladding in? I noticed my drive side one is missing two of the clips/fasteners. I just can't seem to located which ones to buy to replace them.

Does anyone know what clips are used to hold the cladding in? I noticed my drive side one is missing two of the clips/fasteners. I just can't seem to located which ones to buy to replace them.

I know there are a couple plastic fasteners and also screws.. if you can't find the fasteners a couple screws will do the trick