OEM coil packs or Aftermarket performance coil packs

matslp488

I'm looking to see how I improve performance out of my truck engine.. I'm about to do a whole tune up with iridium AC delco plugs, msd wires and why not change the coil packs also... any suggestions??? Should I go OEM or are there better performance results with an aftermarket brand like msds??? Thanks!

I can't speak for every tuner but the guy that tunes mine prefers the stock coils

Been searching a lot online and everyone seems to prefer OEM over any aftermarket ones... just wanted to give aftermarket ones a chanse

I can't speak for every tuner but the guy that tunes mine prefers the stock coils

Been searching a lot online and everyone seems to prefer OEM over any aftermarket ones... just wanted to give aftermarket ones a chanse

A lot of aftermarket coils in traditional packaging (pre-coil-pak era) have shown to be pretty crappy in terms of reliability except for a very few, just that would keep me away from going aftermarket just because if those guys can't get those right - how can they get coil-paks right either? F' em.

Richard

to be honest i dont think ive seen a truck on this website run aftermarket coils. the 2 fastest trucks on this website ran stock coils into the upper 10s i ran them all day long on my old boost setup in the low 12s for 7 years. i would put that money into something different imo

to be honest i dont think ive seen a truck on this website run aftermarket coils. the 2 fastest trucks on this website ran stock coils into the upper 10s i ran them all day long on my old boost setup in the low 12s for 7 years. i would put that money into something different imo

Same thing I'm thinking I just wanted to hear some input from you guys I guess I'll just do a regular tune up

What I was saying earlier, in simpler terms: if you want it to keep running reliably, stick with the OEM's. :)

I definitely want that! And yeah I'll just keep my OEM ones and just replace wires, plugs and filters thanks!!

Richard

Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)