Looking for my old SS

RMCAG

Hey guys, hoping someone may be able to help me out. Last year around late spring/early summer, I had to sell my silver birch 05 SS AWD. The guy I sold it to flat out lied to me, said he was buying it for his grandson who would be turning 16 in a few years, but agreed that he would give me the chance to buy the truck back before then. Turns out he was a wholesaler who immediately took the truck to auction, where it was picked up by TrucksOnly in Apache Junction, AZ. Last time I ran a carfax, I saw it had been registered somewhere in North Carolina. I would love to be able to find my old truck that I was the original owner of

The VIN is 2gcek19n051100874. It's silver w/ black interior, when i sold it, it had stock SS wheels that were chrome, smoked taillights, projector headlights with Halos and a Pioneer head unit

The old listing from when the dealer had it is still up

http://inventoryplus.dealertrack.com/cgi-bin/showroom.cgi?mode=show&id=24356671&d_id=8557

I know it's a crapshoot to try to find it again, but after being blatantly lied to when I was in a rough patch (otherwise I never would have sold it to the P.O.S) I'd like to bring it home

Damn that sucks, I'm sorry that happened. I know I had seen a silver birch 06 for sale in San Antonio, and now I'm seeing it posted in Las Vegas, the dealer didn't even bother to remove the gaudy side steps, and the driver headlight had discoloration. I know its just business but, at least let the person you buy from know.

Good luck in finding it, hopefully the current owner is looking into another vehicle!

On Carfax does it give you an office or area it was registered? On my truck I think it listed the county of office it was registered at. Sometimes if they have a service event it may list a shop. You could call them and see if they could give you a name or phone number. Worth a shot.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Haven't check up in a while here, I've been doing some searching when I can but life's gotten in the way for the most part. Still not going to give up on it, I know someone out there has it.

Even near a year and a half removed I still tense up thinking about how the guy I sold it to screwed me over

I tried to buy my truck back about a year or so after selling it. The guy I sold it to still had it, but told me to go to hell (literally) because I "never gave him the stock hood that I promised him". I told the guy when he picked up the truck if he wanted the stock hood all he had to do was set up a time WHEN I WAS HOME to come by and pick it up. Anyway, thats my story of a dickhead buyer. Good luck finding your truck man.