Tie Rod time... @175000 miles

CaboRob

I knew that I remembered somebody talking about these not too long ago. Did a search and found this thread. They talk about whether or not these might be the right numbers for AWD as well as 2WD.

Hope this helps you out.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/88611-rare-parts-tie-rods/

I hope that you find the right parts. Checking out the Rare Parts app listing they say that they don't make anything for 03 AWD.

http://rareparts.com/gm-steering

RP2863 is the ones for 2wd, should be the same exact one as for Awd due to the fact the knuckle is the same.

I have them installed on my truck and love them.

Make sure you call Rare Parts prior to ordering to verify they correct application as most vendors have no idea what an SS is nor correct application. This is primarily due to the fact most dudes that order these are the 2500/3500 guys not a 1500. What's especially interesting is the fact that the Silverado SS/SSI uses the same steering components as the 1500HD and shares some parts with the 2500. This makes most parts guys scratch their heads.

I ordered mine through Autozone(at a great deal)(below cost) but despite looking Them up by application, they sent me the 2500 versions. Thankfully RP has excellent Customer Service, and overnighted me the correct ones and sent a label for the incorrect ones.

RP2863 is the ones for 2wd, should be the same exact one as for Awd due to the fact the knuckle is the same.

I have them installed on my truck and love them.

Make sure you call Rare Parts prior to ordering to verify they correct application as most vendors have no idea what an SS is nor correct application. This is primarily due to the fact most dudes that order these are the 2500/3500 guys not a 1500. What's especially interesting is the fact that the Silverado SS/SSI uses the same steering components as the 1500HD and shares some parts with the 2500. This makes most parts guys scratch their heads.

I ordered mine through Autozone(at a great deal)(below cost) but despite looking Them up by application, they sent me the 2500 versions. Thankfully RP has excellent Customer Service, and overnighted me the correct ones and sent a label for the incorrect ones.

That's some great info Frank. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope that helps, let Us know how it turns out.

Here's a fun fact:

That part number is for the pair. And by pair, I mean inner and outer tie rods, for both sides of the truck.

Meaning:

By the time you pay for some off brand bs parts for the whole truck you'll have paid about the same price as the RPs. Also, you'll have made in the USA super beefy tie rods rated for higher strength than your truck will ever need, and likely never needing replaced again.

• 2 months later...