Got my windows tinted

EXGM

Because the sun down here is so intense I didn't want to bake the interior out of the truck, I decided to get the front windows on the SS tinted. This is my first vehicle ever with tinted windows. I did a lot of research and went with 3M Crystalline on the two fronts. It matches pretty close to the rear and is legal at 35%. The 3M stuff cuts down on the heat and UV and I'm amazed how much cooler the truck is now. I also had the sunroof tinted as the sun shines though the perforated sunshade and blinds me so now its a lot darker.

post-26852-0-16058100-1472561742_thumb.jpg

post-26852-0-58137500-1472561754_thumb.jpg

It's a real deal 06. I don't live in Texas.... I'm in NC. I just hit the 60k mark.

Ok I gotcha, guess thats why you noticed the "real deal ss crew cab" in Charlotte lol! Damn 60k, resale for your truck must be killer! I wish you many, many more miles on her! Haha

You did get a good match to the rear windows. Your truck looks real nice and clean. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I had just washed it but I do keep it to a high degree of clean. Lol. It's funny the tint shop told me it may not match good.... When I picked it up I thought it was a perfect match.

Thanks, I had just washed it but I do keep it to a high degree of clean. Lol. It's funny the tint shop told me it may not match good.... When I picked it up I thought it was a perfect match.

Looks close enough to me. Did you go with a darker tint on the sunroof? Seams like the law on max tint shouldn't apply to a sun roof.

Looks close enough to me. Did you go with a darker tint on the sunroof? Seams like the law on max tint shouldn't apply to a sun roof.

I can't remember but I think I did one shade lighter then limo tint on the sunroof. With the silly perforated sun shade the sun still beats in, I wanted to block some light out but not all. I think it varies by state but yeah the sunroof doesn't matter. Heck in NC you can paint your rear windows black, the front windows driver and pass can only be a max of 35%.

I can't remember but I think I did one shade lighter then limo tint on the sunroof. With the silly perforated sun shade the sun still beats in, I wanted to block some light out but not all. I think it varies by state but yeah the sunroof doesn't matter. Heck in NC you can paint your rear windows black, the front windows driver and pass can only be a max of 35%.

Gotcha. Thanks for the comeback. :cheers: