Not really a build but finishing up a project

someotherguy

Some of y'all may know this as 1Fastbrick's '06 silver birch SS that he put back together from being a stolen/partial strip (drivetrain/interior), using parts from a rolled ISS. I bought it from him in pretty much finished condition, just needs mostly some cosmetic details finished up and a few bugs worked out. My wife was jealous of my ISS ;) so I made the deal on the silver SS for her.

Arriving on the trailer from Los Angeles...

06SB_000s.jpg

Pretty much just needs the hood and front bumper to be painted to match, as well as repair/repaint on driver's fender due to minor damage. The center caps and some new brake ducts are inside the truck.

So far it's just been little things like changing the oil, hooking up the wiper motor, replacing the blades and a couple burnt bulbs, stuff like that. Yesterday I drove it around the neighborhood to get the emissions readiness monitors knocked out so it would pass inspection/smog, which it did just fine on. Truck rides nice like a 56K mile truck should and sounds good with what I believe is a Magnaflow muffler on the otherwise stock exhaust.

With insurance and inspection handled, next up is getting the title knocked out then it heads to paint/body, with pics to follow!

Richard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No plans to sell as of now but you never know. I didn't think we'd be letting the Magnum SRT8 go but as soon as the silver SS is 100%, the Magnum is up for sale; was going to repaint it to freshen up and keep but now it's too many cars in the driveway/on the insurance. She really does prefer trucks more and wasn't too happy when I let my slammed '94 extended cab go (she had been driving it at that time.) Sometimes I keep stuff forever...sometimes, not so much.

Hoping for some good luck with the title service today. Not 1Fastbrick's fault but I have some challenges to deal with on an out-of-state salvage certificate that the auction filled out on the back and it didn't get transferred. I know exactly how to handle it but the title office always manages to be a pain in the ass, so I'm just gonna pay a service to do it for me.

Richard

If you need help with that title transfer, I know some people. Can get it done, no issues.

Thanks, I was getting a little nervous because the title people took a few days. But they just called and said they had it all done; I just gotta go pick up my plates and sticker from their office.

Looking forward to seeing it finished and pictures of both together

Not finished yet but here they are together; figured I'd take a pic since today it's officially mine, now that the title work is finished. :D

06SB_038s.jpg

Figured no sense installing the center caps on the silver SS; it's just going to the paint shop ASAP. Jack access cover is on the way, too.

Those short tires on my ISS will be history soon, got a set of 285/40/22's in the garage that I should have bought when Tony told me that was the size to pick. Waiting on my new Centerlines to get here to set it all up.

Richard

Thanks, I was getting a little nervous because the title people took a few days. But they just called and said they had it all done; I just gotta go pick up my plates and sticker from their office.

Not finished yet but here they are together; figured I'd take a pic since today it's officially mine, now that the title work is finished. :D

06SB_038s.jpg

Figured no sense installing the center caps on the silver SS; it's just going to the paint shop ASAP. Jack access cover is on the way, too.

Those short tires on my ISS will be history soon, got a set of 285/40/22's in the garage that I should have bought when Tony told me that was the size to pick. Waiting on my new Centerlines to get here to set it all up.

Richard

NICE!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

06SB_038s.jpg

Richard

Great looking pair of truck's.

Not much of an update but the alarm is installed, went pager alarm w/remote start and tilt sensor. Also got the front door windows tinted 35%, I personally prefer 20% but TX tint tickets are no joke. The spare tire access cover came in from SAE, too. Probably stick that on there today and also install the door sill protectors you told me about. I ordered 'em for both trucks.

Hoping I can find time in the next few days to drop it off for the paint work. It's about a 5 hr round trip but the guy is good, so it's worth it...but it may not be until next week that I can get loose.

She's got to drive it around a little bit and can't wait until I turn her loose in it!

Richard

Not much of an update pic-wise, but -

Dropped off at the paint shop to get the hood & bumper painted to match, as well as minor repair to driver's fender. This is at the same guy's shop that painted my Intimidator SS.

06SB_039s.jpg

Door panel is off because I'm having him do some work on the exterior handle, too.

Gotta say for a 130 mile highway trip the truck did great. Ran and drove as well as you would expect a 50K mile truck to do.

Richard