Interesting GM brake upgrade

EXGM

I was looking through the GM performance catalog and I stumbled upon this brake upgrade kit for 1/2 trucks. Now it says it for 14 up trucks but I swear I saw on another forum that a guy took the new FNC rotors from the newest gen truck and put on a 07-13 body style truck. Now the '06 up used the same front brake system so maybe... just maybe this might fit. No pricing yet but it looks dang cool!

post-26852-0-65325700-1471450494_thumb.jpg

Those 6 piston Brembo's are monsters. They also use those calipers on the newer SRT Jeep Grand Cherkoee, and the Porche Macan GTS, if I'm not mistaken (with Porsche's logo on them instead of Brembo, of course...)

There was a guy selling the calipers brand new, along with pads, adapter brackets, hardware, and lines - swap parts for an SRT8 car for just over a grand. Looked like a pretty sweet deal, but I'm fairly happy with how the stock Brembos stop my 300 so I didn't bite. According to him the calipers sell unloaded for $650, so as far as totally speculative pricing on that GM kit, wouldn't be surprised to see a price around a grand for it since rotors are included, and Brembo pads aren't cheap either.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Yeah I know it won't be cheap but then again I don't think the z06 brake conversion is either. By the time you buy the brackets, calipers and larger rotors you would be in the same ball park. I just like that it's all OE parts. I'm a brake geek.... I work for a OEM as the manager for brakes in the aftermarket lol.

im a wilwood dealer. The front 6 piston calipers and massive 16" rotors are the best way to go along with braided lines and 2 piece rotors to save weight. i have them on my 16 escalade. Stops really well.

i sell the complete kit is $2050 shipped with the braided brake line kit.

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-13876-R&year=2016&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado+1500&option=LS

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

I saw that brembo kit in the performance parts book I was intrigued I was curious if could get it to work on my 03 SS

Until I see one not sure. My gues is "if" we can get it to work you would have to change the caliper bracket but I would assume the kit comes with a new one.