Hi ram intake with bigger tb?

Dgiorgi34

you will need a larger TB I run the nick Williams 102 4 bolt.

you'll need an x link to use it

also need an external regulator, and a vacuum block , relocate the MAP sensor to the rear of the unit. the intake only has one vacuum port on it, which is why you need that block.

Larger TB and x link yes, but you can also use an LS2/3 TB if you dont want to spend the big bucks for a nick williams or such. You could get by without the vacuum block but it will make your life much easier to spend a few bucks and pick one up since vacuum hook ups are very scarce on that intake. As far as the external regulator, that is definitely not necessary. Before I did a complete fuel system overhaul on my truck, i simply picked up an adapter for the factory feed line to AN oring, which i attached to a billet y block and then ran a -6 line from the y block to the rear of each rail. Since the 04+ trucks have the regulator built into the bucket assembly, there was no need to redo my whole system when i installed the hi ram when the mock up stuff I put together worked just fine. I still have the entire list of fittings and lines that I used saved if you decide to go that route I can give you all of the part numbers and walk you through setting it all up. To really clean up the engine bay when using the hi ram a wire tuck will be your best bet. If not, all of the factory wiring thats on top of the factory intake will now be on top of your hi ram and trust me, that didnt look good at all.

• 6 months later...