Need mod suggestions

06HarrisSS

Bought the truck last week for $16k, 75k miles. Has E fans, Magnaflow cat-back system, and spectra intake. Plan on replacing the intake, but what else should I do? Plan to get black bear tunes soon. Thanks!

Bought the truck last week for $16k, 75k miles. Has E fans, Magnaflow cat-back system, and spectra intake. Plan on replacing the intake, but what else should I do? Plan to get black bear tunes soon. Thanks!

Welcome to the site! E-Fans are stock on the 06 trucks. The Magnaflow is fine, and believe it or not, that spectra is fine. Spectra carries the same warranty as a K&N kit, just at a fraction at the cost. Well, unless you just want a paper system, then go for it! lol.

I would be thinking about headers, along with the supporting mods mentioned above. Tuning really wakes these trucks up. A nice cam would bump things up a quite a bit too.

Enjoy your new truck brotha!

I would consider several (relatively) low cost mods at the time of your first tune. Like a 160* thermostat, cold air intake, maybe even the trans mods. (Some kits can be installed with the trans in the truck)

Your tuner is likely to charge for subsequent tunes. If you have the stock truck tuned and then start your mods you will need to re-tune possibly at additional cost, to get the full benefit from your mods.