Complete SS clone, Watch this space...

NZchevyman

The bumpers look like they used it for a demo derby..... Geez. Beyond that it looks to have very little damage... Ok and the fact they origamied the exhaust.... Maybe the went curb jumping??

here is also some photos i got sent from my shipper, its looking pretty sad but it is pretty dirty, this truck is due for some much love to bring her back to her former glory

2efsy81.jpg

Wow. Hate to say it but comparing to your original auction pic at the beginning of this thread, that front bumper damage appears to have been done during shipping. :(

Richard

Wow. Hate to say it but comparing to your original auction pic at the beginning of this thread, that front bumper damage appears to have been done during shipping. :(

Richard

Damn that's a bummer how much damage was done just in the shipping process.

Hitch is gone, bumper ducts are jacked, and the scratches on the side, what a damn shame.

i don't know if that was done in shipping or not either way it has to be repaired, im having second thoughts about doing this clone conversion and looking at different ways i can get the truck road legal here in New Zealand, we have a thing called a LHD permit it has to meet certain things here is the list of thing i would have to meet ;

A left-hand drive vehicle must be owned as a collector’s item (as determined by the Transport Agency), and:

**be of historic value (evidence of historical significance must be supplied with this application)

OR

**The vehicle’s make, model and submodel has never been manufactured in right-hand drive form (evidence from the manufacturer must be supplied with this application), and the vehicle meets three of the following four criteria:

1- The vehicle is and was manufactured as a two-door coupe or convertible (evidence must be supplied with this application or the application will not proceed)

2- The vehicle is and was manufactured as a high performance vehicle (evidence must be supplied with this application or the application will not proceed)

3- The vehicle’s make, model and sub-model has been (or was) manufactured in annual volumes of 20,000 units or less (evidence must be supplied with this    application or the application will not proceed)

4- The vehicle (or its make, model and sub-model is identified as being a collector’s item in a commercially produced motoring publication (a copy of the relevant article must be supplied with this application or the application will not proceed)

I think that the truck would meet 3 of these, its not going to meet the first one as its not a coupe lol but the other 3 it should fit into.

On another note im trying to find SS parts which are easier said than done so if anybody out there knows of a rear bumper and maybe the rear 2 claddings for sale hit me up, i do have a buddies house in California i can have bits sent to if anyone has anything for sale. I did find this bumper on ebay but i think its over priced for what it is;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-06-07-SILVERADO-1500-REAR-BUMPER-ASSY-STEP-BUMPER-SS-OPT-B4U-4015699-/361511868760?fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500%7CSubmodel%3ASS&hash=item542bc95958:g:42sAAOSw2GlXFrfL&vxp=mtr

seems high for what looks like a pretty beat bumper. I know the one on there is broke, but maybe check around if there is anyone around that reconditions bumper covers(not sure if that's a thing down there), as that one could be fixed.

• 1 month later...

Time for an update, since so much has changed since my last update, the container arrived and i was informed before it got here, that the single cab is here, but the SS is still in america, there wasn't enough room to fit it so its still in the US. which is kind of bad but also good. I have been doing some thinking since then about what i should do, and iv'e thought maybe i might buy the parts needed to get the single cab back to its former glory and get it on the road back here in NZ then maybe keep the SS in america as my truck to use while i am visiting, since i have a place i can store it. its a bit of a pain its not here, but also it gives me time to think about this more, the single cab really isn't as bad as i first thought which is why i have changed my mind a bit as it has the bones to be a good truck again and seems a waste to part it out, more to come again soon i work things out, i know Erick will probabaly want to buy the truck back but its still in California and plus i might get attached to it haha, and i haven't even seen it yet. more updates to come as i work everything out.

• 2 months later...

I know OP was planning on using the truck to make his RCSB clone but hopefully when he gets it he'll see how much work you put in, the overall condition of the truck, and use his RCSB's bed to fix the SS so it can live again. Doesn't help you out kaze but I think we'd all be happy to see it continue on instead of being a parts truck.

Richard

been a while since i have put an update up. plans did change and i didnt end up shipping the truck out to New Zealand, the single cab made it but i have the SS in storage for the time being i have recently been over to the US and finally got to see the SS for the first time, man there has been a lot of damge done from the salvage yard, the exhaust is toast, the forks have gone right through the tail pipe, i had to swap out the transfer case as it was making a huge crunching noise, i had to replace one of the rear struts as a forklift had damaged one of them as well, plus i had to sort out the alarm as the guys that had stollen it had made a huge mess of it, but im happy where its at now just need to get my self a new rear bumper cover and have the front one repaired and painted and she will be an awesome truck again here is a picture i took of her in a parking lot before i left

24b7rdl.jpg