Anti Theft, Houston

I'm fixin to move to Houston in a couple months and was told my SS would be a prime target... Lookin for any exceptional anti-theft ideas so I don't have to keep it in a storage unit forever. Already been advised to get locking lugs but I don't want just one deterrent. Suggestions?

kill switch, Colum lock, armor lock(wheel lock), tailgate keeper, Jimmi Jammer, block in your truck in with another vehicle. If get any work done at a mechanic shop do not put down your home address.

exactly this. locking lug nuts will not work

anyone savvy with electronics? I had envisioned a custom killswitch of (4) 4 position switches which would have to each be set to a certain position in order for the truck to start.... is such a thing even possible?

Best way to keep your SSS from getting stolen in California or south Texas would be to sell it lol. In the end you'll walk away with more cash then insurance is going to pay lol.

Ravelco has been around a long time, and it seems to work very well but you may have mixed experiences based on which installer you use. Try to get some referrals/testimonials out of them if you can, and verify them.

I've got a pager alarm on mine, with the tilt sensor. Of course only good if you're in range and paying attention to the remote. I worked with the installer to try harder to bury the unit so it wasn't just behind/under the dash for a thief to open up my truck and rip out the alarm with ease.

Also replaced factory door handle with a keyless Escalade handle so that might (might) slow down the screwdriver operators.

Wheels (aftermarket Dub Baller 22's) are installed with Gorilla locks for every lug, the ones that are round and smooth on the end and have a unique key design in the base, and the wheels have a small lug hole making it very hard to hammer a socket over the locks.

I'm not finished working on the antitheft for the truck, but felt like that was a decent start. It's not very often out of my view; I try to be really careful where I leave it.

Richard

Ravelco has been around a long time, and it seems to work very well but you may have mixed experiences based on which installer you use. Try to get some referrals/testimonials out of them if you can, and verify them.

I've got a pager alarm on mine, with the tilt sensor. Of course only good if you're in range and paying attention to the remote. I worked with the installer to try harder to bury the unit so it wasn't just behind/under the dash for a thief to open up my truck and rip out the alarm with ease.

Also replaced factory door handle with a keyless Escalade handle so that might (might) slow down the screwdriver operators.

Wouldn't mind if you sent me your installers info

Edited by Distracted (see edit history)