Tell me what u think,iron ls3 with AI 226cc 243's,and 216/224 cam

I put together a bit of a different build for my truck after problems with the 408(2005 Escalade EXT with built 4l65 and nvg149 SSS transfer case,comes with factory 3.73's)

Here's the engine I've put together

Gen 4 ly6 6.0 block bored .065 over w/ tq plate to a 4.065" 6.2l 376ci engine

Stock 30k mile ls3 flat top pistons/rods w/ ARP rod bolts

24x ls2 crank cut 10/10

Rods honed for ARP Rod bolt w/ correct bearings

ATI 6% od balancer

PRW platinum flexplate

Ported/shimmed Melling m295 oil pump

Mahle OEM rings with wider ring gap for FI/n2o

Clevite P series rods/mains

Cloyes Hex-a-Just 1x single chain w/ Torrington bearing

Fel Pro cam retainer w/ non sunk bolt holes

GM oil barbell

ARP cam/cam retainer/crank/head bolts

GM .051 LS9 head gaskets

GM gaskets thru out

GM valley cover kit w/ bolts and gasket

GM front cover kit w/ cam sensor

Advanced Inductions stock valve 226cc ported 243/799's w/o chamber work and minimal deck cleanup(64cc)

Comp Cams 921 dual spring kit w/ Ti retainers

Peak Speed Radical Ported TBSS intake manifold

216/224 .551/.551 114lsa cam from Howard's,degree'd straight up at 0

CHE upgraded stock rockers

Ls7 lifters w/ ls2 lifter buckets

Manton 11/32 Push Rods

It will be 11.3:1 compression with the 64cc heads according to my math.

I plan on using a 2600 stall Circle D TBSS style convertor as I've read great things(the PI multi disk actually ballooned and took out the thrust on the 408 the 6.2 is replacing)

I didn't do this as an all out HP build,most of the parts I already had around(block,rotating assembly,heads,intake,etc) and I priced around a lot.I wanted a NA build that would have plenty of HP/TQ. Closest I could find was Vinci did a 02 ls1 Vette with AFR 205's and the 216/224 cam and made 401/395 with a stock LS1.

Anyone ever done a similar combo? Looks mighty quite on here and I read NicD's dyno on pt.net but haven't seen many using cathedral heads on 4.065" bores and I have done tons of Google searching.

From the tq difference bore makes from a 5.3 to a 6.0,I'm hoping the extra .065" helps even more.

I'm honestly thinking it'll make 420hp/425tq (at the wheels)and peak around 6k. That will have my 6k truck in the 13's NA and be around 525hp at the flywheel.

If not,I have a TBSS Nitrous Outlet kit waiting!!lol

My thinking is high velocity heads will be good for bottom end. I find ls3 heads a bit "soft" down low in my truck.

Predictions in combo or did I miss it?

Truck already has Kooks LT' headers,Corsa Cat back(all V banded) and a 4" dump. I plan on a single 4" in the future should the Corsa be holding me back. For now,I love the look and quiet sound at idle....go WOT and it flat out sings!

Also has a Spectre CAI w/ a Green replacment air filter.

Everything is new and up to date.

Fuel system is a Denso in tank and I plan on running the factory TBSS 33# injectors if they will work. If not,I'll use the 65's out of the 408.

Does have a 160 T stat and Katech idler......

There were lots of problems with the $1200 PI convertor(the best PI makes)

It was sent back to PI no less than 5 times(billet cover was too thick,wrong bolt pattern,etc,etc)

Only good part about it taking out a $15k engine was Vicki,the owner of PI,promised me a brand new convertor.......but we'll see if she keeps her word.

I have used many PI Convertors in the past but after my experience,I send folks to Circle D now....

• 3 months later...

I have a very similar set up. about the exact same cam with plain 243's with 5 angle valve job and lsxrt. It's perfect and tame. I had to add smaller tires, lighter wheels and a full exhaust with long tubes to really wake it all up.

If I were you in your shoes with 3.73's and big escalade wheels I would want a lower lsa like 114 + 4 or 2