06 SS rotted rear hardline

_LSX_

If you intend on wetting the new lines at the boat ramp I would go with stainless steel lines.

It only takes a drop of saltwater to start corroding lightly painted lines. I understand that GM has serious issues with lines rotting up north. These lasted 10 years

I'm not concerned with the cause, it's the part numbers I am looking for.

Edited by _LSX_ (see edit history)

It only takes a drop of saltwater to start corroding lightly painted lines. I understand that GM has serious issues with lines rotting up north. These lasted 10 years

I'm not concerned with the cause, it's the part numbers I am looking for.

I would call my local dealer and give them my VIN. My dealer has found everything I've asked for with the VIN info.

I've also had great luck with GM Parts Outlet.

http://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/

I'll answer my own question....

The brake lines are sold as a roll of tubing at the dealer, bend and flare to fit. Luckily for me, the 10 bolt and 14 bolt axle hardlines are identical. I was able to compare an OEM 2006 10 bolt to my truck and it appears the only difference is the shorter support bracket for the center soft line. A quick trip to the local Upick and I walked away with the entire hardline assembly for $4 and change.

Edited by _LSX_ (see edit history)