thoughts and opinion's

liftedssguy

so i just picked up my first ss its a 2004 awd,done some things to it the most significant and noticeable would be the 3 inch front lift 2 inch rear lift with 285/75r16 ATTURO TRAILBLADE MT'S ,i know what your thinking how dare i lift a ss....such is the topic of much hate ...which is a small part of the reason i choose to do it im trying to break the one track mind of lower is always better with these trucks...so an insight to the future of my build..this build like many others will take a while..... because i to have not hit the lottery yet and work on a fixed income with little whiggle room....but the basic vision for this truck is to build a custom mid travel kit to include fibergass fenders all the way around,tiregate,bedcage for coilovers,and some moddest engine mods..if i dont feel like sourcing together the midtravel myself i may just jump up to a long travel through jd fabrications in hopefully the next couple tax seasons...so please feel free to through out any thoughts opinions or ideas...shown is a picture of what i have so far

post-28134-0-39363900-1462322929_thumb.jpg

I like it. Do t really like the headlights. But I like lifted SS's.. Most here do t think like me tho. It's your truck man do what you want with it if it makes you happy.

yeah im not sure about the headlights yet either just put them on yesterday still feeling it out...really dimmed out my lights even with the brightest hids any local auto store had to offer...BUT THANKS GUYS!

Yeah I don't see why people hate on lifted SS trucks. If someone wants a lifted truck, why not start with the best truck? If everyone was exactly the same, how boring would that be? Truck looks good imo. I'd Swap back to original headlights and maybe bigger wheels, but it does look good.

what about it exactly?

Reminds me of the cars that the certain crowd will lift up so they can put the biggest wheels on it possible. It's just stupid.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's your truck like they said, personally I would not have gone that way but obviously that's irrelevant. If I wanted a lifted truck I'd have started with a regular 4x4 and swapped in an LQ9 if I wanted that engine.

I guess what you should ask yourself is what do you want the truck to do for you? If it's just looks then I get that; if it's to be a cool looking trail or mud rig then I think the true 4x4 would have been a better starting point.

Richard

The reason they are hated on so much is that is not what they are intended for. You would get the same reaction in a lowered Ford Raptor. It's whatever your into I guess. It looks ok, but a VMAX would have been less blasphemous.

If there done right they look cool! I agree it's different but I would have bought a different platform like stated before^^^ it's your truck and your vision but I just wouldn't do all the work you want to to this truck!

That's my .02

i should have stated i almost considered a regular VMAX i looked around to entertain the thought of it and couldnt find any at a reasonable price and distance anyways plus i got a hell of a deal on my ss...to clear things up a touch im not going for a "LIFTED" truck for looks of the lift what so ever...im going for a fully functional offroad "racer" dare i call it that much like a truck you would see running the baja 1000 just a much more mild build here is a link to what first gave me the inspiration-only difference is mine will have larger tires when complete and usuable wheel travel with the help of coilovers..i simply saw the ss as a good platform to start with because first off it was cheap (for me atleast) had a great engine to start with,usuable transmission until upgrade is financially possible,and the awd which was the biggest plus in my eyes...no one can deny the fact that awd with 15 plus inches of wheel travel amounts to a great deal of fun and performance

what gave me the inspiration------http://norcalprerunners.com/id69.html

Are the transfer case and other parts used in the AWD system strong enough for off-road racing, vs. the 4WD stuff? I really don't know, not a 4WD guy.

I wouldn't bank on the stock transmission at all, and the 10 bolt rear isn't much for wheeling.

Richard