Welp I'm blowing it...

Subref

I have a 2004 SSS AWD with 105ishK on it. Engine is stock LQ9, trans is stock, tune is stock, etc. A few months ago over on another forum I picked up an MP112 which I planned on installing this spring. As this was bought second (or third) hand it is not a complete kit and I have a few parts to obtain and the task of figuring out who to go through for a tune. The original plan was to accumulate these parts and information between buying the blower and now but I decided to buy a house for some reason which is limiting my truck funds. Some parts are being knocked out by trading with a buddy who also bought an MP112 around the same time so thats good. But I am looking for input, advice, or affirmation in heading in the right direction. I figure while I’m in there this might not be a bad time to upgrade to E-fans.

Current mods include:

• Volant CAI with bumper scoop

• JBA Cat4ward headers

• Magnaflow exhaust from high flow cats and back

• MSD 8.5mm plug wires

• NGK Iridium LX spark plugs #7397

• Powerstop brakes with slotted and cross drilled rotors

• Belltech Street Performance shocks

Blower install parts list:

E-Fans parts list:

The Tune:

As far as the tune goes my buddy wants to start doing it, however neither of us have any experience doing it so not sure how keen I am to jump right into this. Was thinking of going with Blackbear, it looks like you can get free re-tunes? I’ve also heard that they have a crazy turn around time right now though.

Does anybody know of better routes to go on any of these parts? As far as options, brands, models, vendors, and so on? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Gallery attached, nothing you guys haven't seen before but an idea of what I'm working with

Another option you might want to think about is the 90mm upgrade... You can take your stock J-tube and hole saw it out so that it will accommodate a 90mm throttle body... The stock J-tube on a mp112 necks down from the inside of the tube up to the current 78mm TB... It is almost asking to be bored out.... LOL... This is what I did with mine and as long as you are half way competent you should be able to pull it off with ease... There is a write up on here or pt.net on how to do this... Well worth the MOD without buying more parts and there is a big difference going from 78mm to 90mm... Happy Modding

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

... There is a write up on here or pt.net on how to do this... Well worth the MOD without buying more parts and there is a big difference going from 78mm to 90mm... Happy Modding

do you have a link to either of the write ups? was wondering how to tackle the 3 up to 4 bolt pattern.... I know a very long time ago there was a post on someone having done it using a "J" bolt, looked kinda iffy though...

hah! yep... that's the one! wow... a decade ago, and still no better way of making that happen, bah

I see you are rocking that setup.... any issues?

I have been running it that way for a couple years no problems... Runs good and throttle response is better than ever with the 90mm...