Z06 upgrade (Front driver side brake pulsating)

BILLS04SS

Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted on here. I've had a Z06 upgrade for several years and have been happy with this setup. For the last couple of months, I've been having bad pulsating when braking in the front left driver side area. I can feel it in both the pedal and steering wheel.

I figured it was a warped rotor so I replaced both the driver and passenger front brakes with,15" baer rotors, brand new one piece hawk pads, and a brand new calipers. Believe it or not, I'm having the exact bad pulsating in my front left driver side when braking. I didn't even get a chance to bed the pads yet. Any ideas? The one thing I didn't do is replace or touch the rears at all. I was going to get the rear rotors turned and replace the pads next. Not sure if a problem with the rear would effect the front. I also wanted to note that I did a complete brake fluid flush using a Motive products Power bleeder bleeder as well. Thanks for your input in advance.

Bill

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)

Since I received so many replies, I'm going to take it up to the dealer and get them to run the tech 2 scan bleed on the abs modules and see what happens.. I'll let everone/myself know the outcome lol.

Bill :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: hopefully this will help someone with similar issues.

New rear baer rotors and hawk pads on the rear. I definately had to shim the rear calipers to get them even over the rotors. I think this was a major issue in my first experience with this setup. Used my GM Tech 2 to auto bleed the entire system. I Used the auto bleed on each wheel starting with the passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front and lastly driver front. What a difference. I have way more pedal and no more front shimmy in the wheel or pedal when braking. The brakes stop on a dime and I still haven't installed my hydroboost setup. I plan on doing that next weekend. I must say that the tech 2 rocks and I only wish I would have coined up and bought one earlier. Feel free to ask any questions..

Bill

I just swapped out to the hydro boost and did the front ZO6 brakes fit perfectly also did the Russell 5 line kit truck stops like a dream haven't done the rear ZO6 so that's good info to know can't wait

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)