The interior dash squeak/chirp saga continues! Please help!

mctwist77

Not the lid. I'm just going to spray a shit ton of white lithium grease into the dash and see what happens.

I think that may be messy and not the desired result you want. You might be better served if you think it's coming from the dash to remove the top cover and drive around and see if you can pin point the noise. Maybe have a buddy drive truck while you listen grab different parts to see if they go away. Back when I was working for the General I was working with a dealer on a Saturn Sky that had a bad interior rattle. They stripped that thing down to nothing and I drove around with the tech, we couldn't find the noise. I had them remove the dash and they found a broken spot weld in the dash support structure.

I'm telling you to avoid more frustration buy or preferably borrow a set of chassis ears to help you pin point the noise.

One other thing I thought of have you looked underneath to make sure nothing is "grounding out" For example heat shield or exhaust hitting cab or frame?

Matt thanks for the advice. That was my next plan but..... I THINK I figured it out. I'm pretty positive that its the seat belt where it clicks into the seat. I've drove around with my belt off today and no noise, then when I put it back on the noise came back. Looking back on it, it makes sense. I had the noise when I was stopped if I moved, I had the noise when I first applied the brakes (which was me moving very slightly in my seat) I had the noise when I turned hard to the left or when I hit certain bumps (again me moving in my seat). I also couldnt replicate the noise in my driveway because I dont put my seat belt on when I working on my truck. I'm planning on spraying some white lithium grease into the mechanism, do you guys think thats the best product to use? Also, thanks everyone for their pieces of advice in my time of need! :thumbsup:

Glad you figured out. You probably can replace the seat belt for 60 bucks. GM seat belts are pretty reasonable. I may replace mine it doesn't return that well and it bugs me. I gotta figure out how to take seat apart. It's been a while since I seen one apart and that part of memory bank is fuzzy.

• 1 year later...

I have been fighting with my truck to find this squeak.... I never even though of the seatbelt lower but I am going to go after that now to figure it out. The upper seatbelt retractor is squealing also now that I am focusing on finding the little squeak from the "backseat" area.