Ss kit oem or Ss kit fiberglass?

Monsio_jr

I have a 2003 Silverado single cab and I've decided to make it a clone but first I've been seeing a lot of fiberglass kit and just wanted to know if any one has used the fiberglass kit and not the oem claddings if you have how did it fit ? Any difrences to the oem ones?

post-27834-0-87922500-1449994049_thumb.jpg

Nice truck Ramon, I also have heard the fit is not right, but I have not seen it on a truck, but I would hold out until you find a oem cladding set, with the hardware, not sure how they install the fiberglass pieces. I also have a single cab clone SS and a oem cladding all the way around.

Nice truck Ramon, I also have heard the fit is not right, but I have not seen it on a truck, but I would hold out until you find a oem cladding set, with the hardware, not sure how they install the fiberglass pieces. I also have a single cab clone SS and a oem cladding all the way around.

Thanks man and whas it hard doing the modification to the claddings so it would fit your single cab? Any pics of it I would like to see it bet it looks awesome! And how much did you purchase your kit for and was it hard to find?

The truck is pretty perfect the way it sets. But I think the wheels is what is winning me over, super clean truck. It will look awesome either way.

Thanks bro really leaning to cloning it

Thanks man and whas it hard doing the modification to the claddings so it would fit your single cab? Any pics of it I would like to see it bet it looks awesome! And how much did you purchase your kit for and was it hard to find?

Thanks bro really leaning to cloning it

It will be super clean no doubt. Love a nice single cab, hence my project truck.

I bought my truck with the cladding already on. For the oem there is brackets to install on some of the cladding areas. I'm not sure how the fiberglass cladding is installed.

Google Silverado SS cladding and there is quite a few pics of the brackets.

That's a badass truck the way it is!!! If anything just change the front bumper to an SSS one! That's all I would do!!

I wouldn't even do that. The section of the bumper with the silver really makes the wheels pop, and blend everything in perfect. If you clone, or dont clone, I would switch out those headlights to some clear with clear reflectors. I think that would clean everything up perfect.

I wouldn't even do that. The section of the bumper with the silver really makes the wheels pop, and blend everything in perfect. If you clone, or dont clone, I would switch out those headlights to some clear with clear reflectors. I think that would clean everything up perfect.

Wouldn't the silver air scoops on the SS bumper do the same? The clear headlights is a good idea tho!!

Wouldn't the silver air scoops on the SS bumper do the same? The clear headlights is a good idea tho!!

as funny as it seems, I don't believe it would. Every ss came with grey ducts. The silver on the current bumper is different from the ordinary. Don't get me wrong, I love my ss bumper cover, but that looks amazing regardless.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Gotta love intro wheels with a narrowed diff! Seeing as how you fore went any stock or replica wheel for a custom billet wheels, I don't think you would be happy cutting a corner with fiberglass cladding. In general fiberglass is junk as body parts. Especially some garage made replica claddings. Just my opinion, but you can pick up a full set of cladding and bumper covers for 1500 or less. The only thing that needs to be modified, is the rocker moldings shortened, and the cab corners length and about an inch.

Hey guys I have some OEM SS cladding for sale. Everything including brackets. MINUS front and rear bumper, and rear boxside cladding.

I have:

-Both fender cladding

-Both door cladding

-Both aftermarket (fiberglass) cab corners ready for regular cab.

-both rocker panel cladding

-both boxside cladding (in front of rear tire)

-every single OEM bracket needed

Asking $800

Edited by redSSclone (see edit history)