Turbo kit

Hey yall. New to sss but looking to do a turbo on my ss. New to doing performance builds or any extensive motor work. Have really only done maintenance stuff but getting to the point. I'm looking at the On3performance kit. So far my truck is stock besides a cai. So looking to get some knowledge on if/what internal stuff I need to beef up with a turbo. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's okay... It's defiantly the budget kit out there... The manifold I have has been prone to crack so I've had it off twice to weld up cracks and stress fractures.. Running there ceramic BB 76mm... I ordered all there extra such bigger fuel pump injectors... The cooling system has to be modified due to the placement of the turbo... I have a build thread on here somewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the things that "could" go wrong with the On3 kit whether it is the manifold being cheap and cracking or the fact that you have to modify the cooling system just to get the kit on the truck (even though the kit was "designed" for these trucks) I would just spend the extra money and get a kit from Rick @ Trick Performance. I bought several things from Rick to build my own turbo setup and he's a super nice guy to deal with, very knowledgeable and willing to help with anything you might need before during and after your purchase. If you're on a strict budget then you might consider looking into a used Magnacharger or Procharger kit as your first form of forced induction. Going cheap on a turbo kit can and most likely will end up being quite expensive in the long run. Just my .02. Happy modding!

• 1 month later...

With all the things that "could" go wrong with the On3 kit whether it is the manifold being cheap and cracking or the fact that you have to modify the cooling system just to get the kit on the truck (even though the kit was "designed" for these trucks) I would just spend the extra money and get a kit from Rick @ Trick Performance. I bought several things from Rick to build my own turbo setup and he's a super nice guy to deal with, very knowledgeable and willing to help with anything you might need before during and after your purchase. If you're on a strict budget then you might consider looking into a used Magnacharger or Procharger kit as your first form of forced induction. Going cheap on a turbo kit can and most likely will end up being quite expensive in the long run. Just my .02. Happy modding!

I got a Trick Turbo kit and haven't had a single issue with the turbo kit itself. It's been on the truck for over a year and it has to endure Phoenix AZ heat.