Camaro SS or Silverado SS

cwest94

The new camaro is cool but you gotta compare apples to apples. Would I rather have a 10 000 sport truck or a 50 000 sports car? I'd rather have a 10G sport truck with 10 under the hood and a nice c6 vette for when I wanna play without the kids

I agree with Diamondss. 100% Apples to Oranges Comparison. If the money were there, I'd consider trading my 98 T/A for the 16 SS, but the truck serves a completely different purpose than those. Because of that, personally, I'd not trade my SSS on one. Unless you use your truck for nothing more than driving in nice weather, and driving fast, I'd pass. If you use it for a truck function, in any capacity, I'd advise against it. The new 6.2 Sierra/Silverado on the other hand.... That's a lot more tempting to me.

I'm really torn. I can see me keeping the truck until the day I die, but really like the new camaro ss a lot. I only drive my truck when the weather is nice while the rest of its life is spent in the garage all covered up until that next nice sunny day. Even though I don't really use it as a truck, it does come in handy having it to haul things like bags of multch or whatnot for summer time yard projects.

I've just been wondering lately if its something that will be a collectors item down the road or just another old used truck with no value. In 2016 I can put classic plates on it, which would be pretty cool. No one I know thinks that's cool, but I sure do think so.

I can keep the truck and get the camaro, I would just have to keep one outside all the time as I only have a one car garage, and the truck isn't the one that would go outside. It's never seen snow, salt or much rain and I want to keep it that way. I get criticized all the time for not using it as a truck and for always leaving it in the garage, but to me, its something special.

I should also mention that every Spring time when I take the truck into the dealer for its yearly state inspection, the service guy laughs everytime he checks the miles I put on it over the past year.

Edited by cwest94 (see edit history)

personally to me the SSS a unique truck, i see guys with new 2015 Silverado 1500's but its not a unique truck everybody has it, rarely do you see an SSS, that's why people stare at me when i cruise by with my Red 03' SSS, it's fun to have something that nobody else has especially the compliments that I get or that all of us SSS owners get, i say stick with the truck, mine has 160k miles on it, even when i get to the 300,000 miles mark i will just rebuilt the motor because that's how much i love it! SSS all the way brother...

I could care less what people consider cool. I really like it and to be honest it's not worth anything at this point. I have/am toying with the idea of buying another one just as a winter beater/truck that will replace my 2011 Sierra when it's done since my SS will never see salt or snow again. I mean the ss is hard on gas but you can get nice ones cheap now and just enjoy it and the awd SS is made for playing in snow. These trucks aren't collectors items, they will never have the value of a lightning or an srt10 ram but that's not why I bought it. If any one here wants to get rid of their low mileage SS take it to the dealership and when they offer you 5000 for it bring it to me so I can buy it instead.

Keep the truck and use it as a everyday driver and get the Camaro for the nice days.

I bought my Camaro RS/SS in 2010 and it has just over 4,000 miles on it, the truck sits outside, doen't hurt it. I still get the thumbs up on the SSS and now I get them with the RSCB Clone SS.

ive been up and down the sell or not sell road a few times. i wound up never selling my truck. but if you use your truck as a "sports car" only driving it on nice days and going for spiritted drives while the rest of the world is out in their corvettes / camaros/ classic cars and you want a sports car i would conisder trading it. also if funds allow. if the truck serves some truck purpose for you than i would keep it around. i wound up buying a 99 camaro SS because i was just getting bored of driving a full size pick up truck like it was a sports car on sunny days. its just not the same as a proper RWD 6 speed car that can handle. just my .02 i still probably will never sell my truck but im going to take it down a different route

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)