What is the best setup?

i have an 03 SS and wanted to change the sound of it when you start it, all the trucks i've had, i never altered them, i always kept them all stock, but i like the deep rich growl of some modified trucks, i've heard putting a new muffler will change the sound like a flowmaster muffler. but any ideas i don't want it to sound obnoxiously loud, i've also heard the thicker the pipe the louder the sound, any ideas?

Agreed. The Magnaflow gives it a nice mellow rumble. I really love the Corsa sound too, but they can be expensive if you don't happen to come across a deal on one. I've actually heard people say they were too loud too "rolls eyes". I'm more of a true dual and 1-chamber person, but it definitely doesn't sound like that's what you're wanting. My best suggestion is you google some soundclips of different setups and decide for yourself which one you prefer. I'd advise too against changing pipe sizes, if all you're wanting is some additional sound. It's a waste to move to a bigger pipe until you're making big power. Just replace the muffler, or do a full cat-back and be done.

Just like 1BAD2K said "everyone is gonna give a different opinion" I personally had a Flowmaster 50 series on my SSS for several years before switching to a Corsa. Loved the sound of the Flowmaster but the highway drone is why I made the switch. Corsa is very mild mannered until you stab the throttle. The complaints of Corsa being to loud is from guys running Headers usually with no cats.