Power stop brake kit

evildcustoms

I figured the calipers were the stock ones just powder coated, the ones on my truck were painted silver whoever did it, just sprayed over everything without prepping. It will just be much easier to replace the stock ones then to deal with dissembling the ones on my truck and sanding and repainting. Plus its 30 degrees outside already. I understand it will look weird but only until feb when i upgrade the fronts.

But just a thought, i read on here that these trucks wear out the brakes in the back faster then the front, wouldn't that mean that it uses the rear brakes more then to stop the vehicle? I may be wrong but just from reading other posts i thought this way.

I just looked into SSBC. I do like the fact that they are slotted but not drilled.

No it was the design. Every truck from that vintage wore out rear 2 to 1. Sometimes even 3 to 1 front. If had to do with dirt causing caliper to hang up which is one of the reasons in 06 the half tons went back to drum in the rear.

No it was the design. Every truck from that vintage wore out rear 2 to 1. Sometimes even 3 to 1 front. If had to do with dirt causing caliper to hang up which is one of the reasons in 06 the half tons went back to drum in the rear.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

So I ended up ordering the power stop kit last night. I figured only one bad complaint about them here and researching through other forums people had good things to say so I will give them a try and hopefully everything lasts, if not I will post a review.

Thanks to everyone for all the info!?

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the 07 Tahoe 13" front caliper and rotor upgrade.

I used powerstop 07 Tahoe calipers from Summit.

They come already powdercoated, comes with brackets, and Hart drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads off ebay.

Also did Russel SS lines at the same time since we had it all opened up.

I have std Hart rear drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads as well.

The brakes on this truck have NEVER felt this good.

• 2 weeks later...