Power stop brake kit

evildcustoms

Hey guys, my 03 ss needs the back brakes replaced and i was just wondering if anyone has used the Power stop Z36 truck one click package?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-kc2036a-36

I figure it would make the truck look better. I plan on doing the same kit for the front but using 07 Tahoe parts in the spring

Also does anyone on this forum still make the caliper decals? I noticed all the posts were several years old.

Just get SUV rear calipers, then baer rotors. Might be in the high end of your budget, but at least you'll have good parts that will last.

I know the suv front calipers are an upgrade, but I didn't see anything about the rears being any better. My truck does have dual piston calipers in the rear.

Ok so i have searched all over and the only Baer brakes i see is the 14" upgrade kit and the rotors are for the front.

I am debating giving the Power stop kit a try (read plenty of good reviews on them even though half are probably BS) or use Brakemotive rotors? along with the ebc yellow pads.

As a little background of my truck, i put maybe 5-6k miles on the truck per year and thats max (last year i did 4k on my previous truck) I don't race and i rarely tow anything heavy (small boat once or twice a year). So i definitely don't abuse the brakes too bad, except for getting off the mountain for errands.

See my post here I just replaced fronts with the 13in rotor the part number for rotors is in post.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/88378-out-with-the-old/?do=findComment&comment=984607

Looked into it but i see you were doing the fronts, i am currently only in need of the rears. thank you though

You realize that kit has a core charge which means they are using stock calipers and either painting or powder coating them.

You could do the same and buy rotors and pads for less money.

If your looking for better brake performance do the 05+ up 13 inch front rotors and calipers. That's were most of the vehicles stopping power comes from.

Not to mention its going to look funny with only the rears done and not the front.

You realize that kit has a core charge which means they are using stock calipers and either painting or powder coating them.

You could do the same and buy rotors and pads for less money.

If your looking for better brake performance do the 05+ up 13 inch front rotors and calipers. That's were most of the vehicles stopping power comes from.

Not to mention its going to look funny with only the rears done and not the front.

I figured the calipers were the stock ones just powder coated, the ones on my truck were painted silver whoever did it, just sprayed over everything without prepping. It will just be much easier to replace the stock ones then to deal with dissembling the ones on my truck and sanding and repainting. Plus its 30 degrees outside already. I understand it will look weird but only until feb when i upgrade the fronts.

But just a thought, i read on here that these trucks wear out the brakes in the back faster then the front, wouldn't that mean that it uses the rear brakes more then to stop the vehicle? I may be wrong but just from reading other posts i thought this way.

I just looked into SSBC. I do like the fact that they are slotted but not drilled.