SSmoothSilSS RCSB Clone

SSmoothSilSS

I just like the look of the Grant wheel and it looks a little thicker than the stock one. In 2006 if you ordered the package with Onstar you got the wheel controls. If you didn't order Onstar which mine doesn't have it was a separate option to order the steering wheel with controls. I appreciate the link to your parts. When I eventually add the wheel I'll probably go with a new one because that's just the way I am. Lol.

That's funny your in Seattle..... I lived there for a few years. Actually I lived down in Puyallup. Our goal is to get back out to the NW so Oregon or Washington. I've been looking at jobs to move us back out that way.

Hmmm, my 2006 had the redundant steering wheel controls, but I don't think it had onstar. I definitely could be wrong about that though, it may have had it and I just never noticed.

Hmmm, my 2006 had the redundant steering wheel controls, but I don't think it had onstar. I definitely could be wrong about that though, it may have had it and I just never noticed.

You could get the wheel controls without Onstar but it was a stand alone option that you had to check. In prior years it came standard..... if you weren't savvy at ordering you would end up with a truck like I have totally loaded but no wheel controls.....

You could get the wheel controls without Onstar but it was a stand alone option that you had to check. In prior years it came standard..... if you weren't savvy at ordering you would end up with a truck like I have totally loaded but no wheel controls.....

That's odd. The good thing is that they are really easy to install. The hardest part would be swapping the clock spring with about 13 plugs up under the dash lol.

• 1 month later...

Update time, finally found someone to do the headliner, were this sunroof is located is was not just cut and re upholstery, you have to cut and leave about six inches of the outside edge and then stretch the material to the sunroof edge and glue it.

Also changed out all the blend doors motors while I had the dash off.

Click on pic to make bigger.

post-2896-0-65505100-1500347088_thumb.jpg

So I got the interior back together and looking for a Trailblazer steering wheel airbag.

post-2896-0-23875200-1500347162_thumb.jpg

So next is electric fans and stock wiring hardness with the foglights already wired.

Then I'm not sure if I'm going to get to paint this summer or wait.

I've been working on the Imp SS also.

post-2896-0-54880800-1500347324_thumb.jpg

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hell yeah, looks nice man! One day I'll have a clone myself...if I come up with a spare $10k lol

• 1 year later...