No Boost?

Looking for help. First turbo build,lq9,ls3 heads, cam, etc... turbo is a s475,t6,a/r 1.32. 50mm turbosamrt wastegate with 17 psi spring and 50 mm tail bov. my problem is I am not building any boost on pedal brake to launch,I need to hit 35 mph to feel the boost and only goes up to 8psi on my mechanic gauge, and the trasmission is a 4l80e with 3200 tq, whats the problem can be?

Edited by rnrnoriega (see edit history)

Sounds to me like a vacuum line routing issue. How do you have the lines ran to the wastegate? But it could be lots of things.

If this is your first turbo build, why do you have a 17# spring to start?

That's a pretty big a/r also? 87mm turbine wheel?

That's a pretty big turbine. I have 408ci and a t4 s480 with an 87mm turbine and a 1.25 a/r and I start really building boost around 3300rpm.

I find it pretty crazy you cant spool the turbo until 35mph?

Where is your boost gauge referenced at? I am guessing it is off the manifold. Which would mean you have a huge boost leak between the turbo and the manifold.

Again. There is 100 million different things it could be with out seeing it. Just start with the basics.

oK, something is fishy. I would pull your wastegate off and hook the top port up to a vacuum pump. Like a brake bleeder pump. And see how much pressure it takes for the wastegate to start cracking open. Generally wastegates don't open at the exact spring pressure. For example, if you had a 10psi spring it might start cracking open at 8 or 9 psi.

That is the next step I would take. If the waste gate is opening and closing properly you probably have something a little more serious wrong with the setup.

I'm no expert. But I have always gone along the lines of never going over .030 with boost. Other wise the cylinder walls can get weak. But I could be full of it. I know there is guys out there that are .060 with boost. Common size is .030 though.

And for pistons. I think it is preference. I have had diamonds and weisco's. Both have done a good job.

What happened? Over boost? Go lean? Kinda curious if you figured it out.