hey folks new here from tx

CD82

well I am new to the forums here an I am from Abilene texas..

I do not own a SSS but I am wanting one real bad an I am giving a lot of thought on selling my 2000 z28 to help with getting one..

I have been a fan of the ss trucks since they have came out and I know that 6.0l has a lot of potential..

I see some on cl with rebuilt and salvaged titles within the price range I would be looking for but the rebuilt or salvage scares me some what...

I think fast trucks are fun as hell and they surprise people when you spank them at from a red light..

I know this is the off topic section just thought id drop by an say hi.. maybe make some new friends here and possible someday ill own a SSS

I wouldn't let the salvage title detour you from getting one if its the right price. If mine was lifted from me I wouldn't mind it having a salvage title cause I don't ever plan on getting rid of it and if I do it would only be because Chevy came out with a new SSS and I highly doubt that will happen for some time. Mine just sits like most on here but on the weekends it's a real pleasure to take it out and turn heads even after 13 years. Love that damn truck lol I'm done

I have to agree^^^

I purchased my truck as a salvage title, after a theft recovery.

Obviously its not worth as much as a clean title, but it runs and drives just as good regardless what color a title is.

Only issues I would worry about is if its a salvage title with a damaged frame, or if it has substantial body defects.

I wouldn't sweat the salvage titles either, but in those cases find out as much as you possibly can with a VIN check. Whatever got it into salvage status should be on record. At least with a salvage title you KNOW something happened to it, vs. a "clean" title vehicle that may have had damage that went unreported because it wasn't covered by insurance. Look the vehicle and any records over carefully and make your decision. About the only exception I would have under any circumstances would be a flood damaged vehicle; too many things that can go wrong and haunt it forever.

My Intimidator SS is salvage title, bought it from the auction, crashed in the right rear. I can clearly see all the damage, have taken dozens of pictures and more will be taken as it gets repaired. Anybody curious about the damage in the future will have a full record of it, plus of course the crash damage is a matter of record.

As far as clones just check the SPID label (option code label in the glovebox) and look for the SS-specific RPO codes. You can read more about it here on the forums; I think the codes may have changed a little bit throughout the years but for example on my '06, RPO code B4U is the SS package. RPO code SSI is the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator package. If the codes are on the label, and the VIN on the label matches the truck, that's a pretty sure indicator that it's not bogus. Running the VIN through compnine or through a friendly GM dealer will confirm it 100% as nobody is going to get in and fake those records.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Welcome to the site, not many SS trucks for sale here in Abilene may have to go to Dallas to get one,

Welcome to the site. MuggSS lives in Buffalo Gap. He has a Red SS, you should hook up with him sometime he's a cool dude.

Thanks brother I'll tell mom you finally said something nice about me lol :)

I have seen a few ss around here local infact

i have a couple friends with them a silver and a blue..... Have you seen one for sale? I haven't seen any for sale if you do fine one you don't want let me know have a buddy wanting one.

I have not seen any for sale local no few on cl here and there but out of town... what ever happened to the blue one that the Christopher north guy had??? I see a black one around here and there but its a work truck...

I'm not sure what happened to Chris truck and it was clean to, but he did back into that kid he shot so not sure what kind of damage it got, I wonder if the police got the truck,,,,, I've seen the black one bring used as a work truck too.