2006 Silverado Intimidator SS resurrection

someotherguy

I know I voted against the intimadator badges(I'm a cheapass), but in retrospect it was the right move to put them back on. Looking good! Cant wait to get my truck one color.

Thanks y'all; I'm really happy that it's nice, straight, and shiny again. It wasn't even in the paint shop long, I swear the guy had it less than 2 months which is pretty amazing when you consider the amount and quality of work he got done and he's really just a one-man operation.

I've got the center caps back on and scrubbed the funk off the tires but no sense in taking another pic as the truck is dirty from the trip home, got caught in a downpour. Can't wash it at my house because the water here sucks. Argg! The black truck curse first day out of the shop!

Richard

Someone posted those taillights here in another section of the board. They came from ebay seller VIPMOTOZ. Not bad for $125 and they are nice and bright. The bracket shape line of lights is the taillight function, looks vaguely similar to some late model trucks (and Nissan cars, bleh!) and brake light/turn signal lights the whole thing up.

They fit well and look great; I put the LED reverse bulbs in instead of incandescent. Also installed the LED CHMSL from the same seller. Only problem I'm having is my cruise quit working when I installed them, which didn't surprise me as I know some others have had cruise problems with LED tails...haven't dug too far into it yet to figure it out.

This painter really is good; he does some nice upholstery work, too. Mostly I'm impressed that it looks this good and I didn't even pay for the deluxe job. I spent money for quality materials, but not for the labor of making it super-super slick. I still got a paint job that I believe could have easily cost me near double elsewhere.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...