2006 Silverado Intimidator SS resurrection

someotherguy

They fit well and look great; I put the LED reverse bulbs in instead of incandescent. Also installed the LED CHMSL from the same seller. Only problem I'm having is my cruise quit working when I installed them, which didn't surprise me as I know some others have had cruise problems with LED tails...haven't dug too far into it yet to figure it out.

Richard

I thought it had to do with the 3rd tail light. If that was switched to LED it had an adverse affect on cruise control.

Thanks; I'll try swapping my original back in and see. The seller for the taillights sent me a resistor kit even though I explained to them it wasn't a hyperflash issue, but a cruise issue. They sent one set of instructions on which wires to tap them into, and those colors did not exist in the harness! So when I told them that, they told me different wires. I haven't installed the resistors yet because I'm pretty sure they are entirely wrong on the issue, and I've already taken care of hyperflash with an LED flasher unit anyway. Not a big fan of using resistors if I can get around it.

Oh and by the way, their LED 3rd brake light does have a module wired in with it, which I have no idea what it is - I would have assumed it's a resistor but it's in a plastic housing so that doesn't really make sense as the heat would cook it. Maybe just some diodes and what not to keep the thing from any voltage feedback that would partially light it up when it shouldn't be, or whatever...

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I swear my truck stays dirty...I drive it over to pick up the work truck and it sits in a dusty gravel lot with a bunch of other trucks driving past it all evening/night long. :( But today I put some new tires on, Toyo Proxes ST II just like before but a little taller and a little wider - 285/40/22 (what I shoulda bought in the first place when Tony told me that size), installed a new set of Gorilla locks in black instead of chrome to match the truck better, and some Bendix premium ceramic pads up front.

06SS_066s.jpg

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, embarrassing how dirty it was. Now here she is all detailed up :) Wish I'd noticed when I took the pics there was a junky old Ford in the reflection.

06SS_067s.jpg

06SS_068s.jpg

06SS_069s.jpg

06SS_070s.jpg

Not bad for an old wrecked salvage title junker :D :D :D

Gonna have to seal up those park lamps though.

Richard

• 4 months later...

Aftermarket headlights and park lights went to shit in about a year, so I installed new GM pieces instead. In this pic hood is off and I'm getting ready to make the trip to the body shop to pick it up; painter doing a fix-up on it. Also had a new windshield installed while the hood was off.

06SS_073s.jpg

Hood back on, stopping at Louie Mueller BBQ in Taylor TX for a killer lunch before heading home!

06SS_074s.jpg

Richard

Aftermarket headlights and park lights went to shit in about a year, so I installed new GM pieces instead. In this pic hood is off and I'm getting ready to make the trip to the body shop to pick it up; painter doing a fix-up on it. Also had a new windshield installed while the hood was off.06SS_073s.jpg

Hood back on, stopping at Louie Mueller BBQ in Taylor TX for a killer lunch before heading home!06SS_074s.jpg

Richard

looks good bro...

• 2 months later...

and now swapped to some Centerline Stingray 22's and Nitto 421Q in 285/45/22 - tires are basically new, wheels are used but in really sweet shape. craigslist special

06SS_075s.jpg

06SS_076s.jpg

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Thanks...yeah it needs drop for sure! It's been nearly impossible for me to make time to get down to it as I only have 1 night off a week and spend that doing a lot of other misc. errands. Kills me seeing the drop kit still sitting in boxes next to my toolbox. My shifts are so long that it doesn't even make sense for me to try to do a little bit each day and just leave the truck in pieces in the garage, it would end up taking forever anyway.

I'm also not so sure I can get away with a drop on these tires. My old wheels had 285/40/22, these have 285/45/22 and that's actually a bigger difference than it sounds like. The slightly different offset of the Centerlines makes it more obvious that if I drop it, smacking the fender with the tire is a very real possibility.

The only guys local to me that seem to give a damn about taking care of wheels when swapping tires out, gonna cost me around $200 to have both sets swapped. :/

Richard