2006 Silverado Intimidator SS resurrection

someotherguy

Hope the bumper worked out for you Richard. Steve was busy with Army stuff and I was busy with work and family.

Jason

Yep everything came out good! I'll probably end up replacing the inner bumper itself (which he had actually recommended to leave it out) but I needed a complete bumper as mine was shot. It's on there now and made a big difference. Thanks for offering to help out, in the end the bumper got here and that's what matters!

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
New shoes! I was planning on putting off install until after the body shop, but in the meantime I am driving the truck and the back tires were shot. Bald, dry rotted, rubber hardened up so much that even the slightest amount of pedal on a slick road sent the truck wiggling. So, some time in the driveway today netted this:

06SS_040s.jpg

06SS_041s.jpg

That fender gap with the slightly shorter tires should probably spur me on towards getting the drop done, too...I hope.

Richard

Thanks y'all, yeah it's getting some drop as soon as I can get around to it - figuring the 3/4 would do nicely.

I'm also figuring once it goes to the body shop, I can have them go over the whole truck and get rid of overspray and any other issues. It needs a little PDR and I also noticed the leading edge of the hood has a lot of touch-up paint dots on it. Sooo...I hate to think it might just be time for a whole re-paint, but I may ask them for the option on the estimate.

Richard

• 5 months later...

Finally loaded her up and took to the body shop today! Getting the full deal. All damage to be repaired, complete paint job, all new emblems, etc. Guy does top notch work, just recently painted my little brother's '70 Chevelle, and a '69 Z/28 for a super picky friend of his.

06SS_043s.jpg

The big box in the back is the new GM bedside. I went OEM for everything I possibly could; about the only thing not GM is the smooth tailgate handle bezel (not available OEM afaik.)

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

A copy-paste from my update over on Chevytalk...Updates from the body man!

Old bedside and taillight housing area chopped out
06SS_044s.jpg
New bedside in place (detail of new taillight housing area)
06SS_045s.jpg
Driver door handle opening minor re-work for Escalade handle
06SS_048s.jpg
All dents repaired and worked areas primed
06SS_049s.jpg
(Nice shot of the whole new bedside!)
06SS_050s.jpg
06SS_051s.jpg
This guy gets down...I only dropped the truck off just over a week ago!
Richard