What's your favorite SS Model Year?

the intimidator also has a better suspension or so it claims i've never driven one myself to compare that to my 03

I'm still newbie to SS's but I'm pretty sure that's not true. The advertising information for the ISS seems to imply it has upgrades over the SS but it's just poorly worded IMO; it seems more to me that they're explaining the upgrades over a regular Silverado. As far as I can tell the ISS vs. SS differences are purely cosmetic.

Richard

I'm still newbie to SS's but I'm pretty sure that's not true. The advertising information for the ISS seems to imply it has upgrades over the SS but it's just poorly worded IMO; it seems more to me that they're explaining the upgrades over a regular Silverado. As far as I can tell the ISS vs. SS differences are purely cosmetic.

Richard

The intimidator is slightly lower than the regular SS, and it does have "performance" suspension with a stiffer stabilizer bar up front. I bet 99% of people would not be able to tell the difference.

The intimidator is slightly lower than the regular SS, and it does have "performance" suspension with a stiffer stabilizer bar up front. I bet 99% of people would not be able to tell the difference.

Really! Thanks for the clarification. To me it doesn't look any lower but I guess I've seen so many modded SS's that it gets easy to confuse stock vs. a little drop. Doesn't help though that when I think of lowered trucks, I'm in the mindset of 4/6, 5/8, stuff like that. I used to run a '92 extended cab longbed that I static dropped so far down that I dragged my gas tank strap on driveway transitions. Before I did the Caddy clip conversion, I ran without a lower valance and would park it by bumping the sway bar frame brackets up over the curb. Man I miss that truck. :)

Richard

The 03-05.5 had a unique grill to the sss where the 05.5+ had the same grill as any other silverado. And the dic had more features like instantaneous fuel economy. Plus nicer door panels. The seats also had the two way lumbar support

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

2006 Intimidator SS is my favorite by far. And of course mine has a rear axle sway bar and has Bilstien shocks all around so the suspension is pretty nice ride. Also got a full exhaust system, has dynatek headers and a corsa cat back exhaust system along with a cold air intake.