cladding on door making contact with fender

beenen

is there a way to move the fender up or door back a little? when I open my drivers side door, the cladding makes contact with the fender and is damaging it. by the looks of the orange peel in the fender, it looks to be resprayed which leads me to think it's been in an accident.

CF7DA1BC-C6C8-45AA-8ED4-BD7DA2403808_zps

mine did this as well. took it to a body shop to have it glued back on and it lasted for about a week and did the same thing. One day ill super glue the piss outta it.

You don't want to do that! You need to remove all the old glue/tape and redo. Get a roll of 3m foam trim tape. It's expensive I paid 50 or 60 bucks for a roll of 5/8 wide stuff from a body shop supply store. You'll have lots left over for the "next time". Lol.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

You don't want to do that! You need to remove all the old glue/tape and redo. Get a roll of 3m foam trim tape. It's expensive I paid 50 or 60 bucks for a roll of 5/8 wide stuff from a body shop supply store. You'll have lots left over for the "next time". Lol.

This!!!

Dont Glue it!!!!!

THis X3 This is the way I fixed my pass side 3 years ago. Been good to go ever since.

I never heard of this happening until mine did it. Now I'm noticing it come up all over the place. My wife opened the door, it caught and tore the shit out of the moulding. At least she forked over the money to replace it....

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to my passenger side. I just super glued it. Hasnt came off yet . Its been a year now.

If you have to remove you may pull off paint! Superglue is for models.... not the full size ones!

Same thing happened to mine a few years ago. I had to have a body shop remove the cladding, re-shape it to the door and then put it back on with new tape. Haven't had a problem with it since then but if it has caught too many times and tweaked the cladding enough it would benefit greatly to take it to someone who can refit it to the door perfectly so the natural curve of the cladding doesnt work against the new tape and pop right back off again in the same spot. Just my .02