Starting on brakes hydroboost custom adapter

After my cam install. My already poor brakes got even worse with the loss of vacuum.

I had a small adapter made to mount a hydroboost on a silverado. I ended up getting the rod length wrong, So I contacted a fellow local SSS member on here.

He whipped up an adjustable rod and welded on the plate. I think he did an amazing job. I am keeping my factory brake pedal with this plate it lines the booster up like factory. Thank you cj_978 for the welding.

Step two is 05+ brakes and bigger calipers or ??? Looking at options still.

qrz286.jpg

Edited by evand (see edit history)

Pretty cool being able to use your original brake pedal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is your adapter and rod easily repeatable?

Is that the booster itself welded to the plate, or a mounting nut?

Chris is a very good hand on stuff like that. :cheers:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Thats a cool piece you had made up. I have all the parts to do the swap just have to get after it. Its boating season, LOL. I am doing the front brake upgrade. I picked up loaded 07 Tahoe calipers and rotors for my truck. I believe it increases the rotor size from 12" to 13". Good luck with your upgrade !

Adapter was a custom job from a family member who made a few of them for me. They are a little too thick a little over 10mm. That is why the welded nut. I wanted the rod with a little adjustment.

I got under the truck today for a minute.

Normal socket is not going to cut it here. Deep sockets are a must. Not too deep or the bottom right one will not fit.

1532wlx.jpg

You can remove this soundproofing for easy of removal.

I think mine is heading to the extra parts pile. it's held on by one plastic snap.

need a 15mm stubby wrench and of course mine is missing. Gotta hit the store for a new one also forgot bolts for the mounting plate.

qpnthc.jpg

I unplugged this a few weeks ago nd drove around without it. No brake service light at all

2u7muqh.jpg

I am reusing my factory master. I just unbolted it. No need to play around with brake fluid. 14ubdwx.jpg

Got my booster off today.

Measured and set the rod length. 2u7snew.jpg

Edited by evand (see edit history)

It's on and it works. Only a small drive around the block so far. Brakes are much stronger. Slight sticking think system needs to bleed itself out. Ran out of day light,. Will try again tomorrow tighten everything up refill steering fluid and should be perfect.