New guy from KY

What's up guys and girls!

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My names Chris and I'm from Northeast KY. I just recently bought a truck that I've lusted after for years! It's a 2003 Siverado SS, 6.0, AWD. I was actually at the dealership the day it came in on the transporter but being 20 year old kid with bad credit I was turned down on the purchase. Lol. Spent the next 11 years watching the truck being paraded around town and parked in plain sight seemingly to tantalize me, then one day about a year ago it disappeared off the face of the earth and I thought all was lost. Turns out that it got traded in and sold in a neighboring county but came back up for sale locally about a month ago. The rest is history as it's now a permanent resident of my driveway!

I've already started modding it by changing out the exhaust and dumping it at the rear axle and swapping the hideous set of wheels that came with it for a set of black Raceline's.

Motor mods are next on the agenda as soon as I figure out how to do what I want without killing the towing ability since I occasionally pull a smaller boat, and a 1,500#sxs.

Here's an obligatory pic of how it sits now!

234ecf04fa3f5c1d610fe69b254bca2e.jpg

Edited by redneck_pf (see edit history)

Good looking truck! Welcome from London! But a question, was it the factory wheels that was on it before? You just said the truck had ugly wheels, and every other person on this forum has OEM wheels. WAY TO STEP IN DOG POO JR.! JK! Did it have aftermarket wheels?

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

Good looking truck! Welcome from London! But a question, was it the factory wheels that was on it before? You just said the truck had ugly wheels, and every other person on this forum has OEM wheels. WAY TO STEP IN DOG POO JR.! JK! Did it have aftermarket wheels?

Haha! Guess I should've clarified that. Unfortunately it was not the factory wheels that were on it. It had aftermarket chrome that the chrome was in horrible shape.

0a06a754cce34242715fe3a86e882a8a.jpg

For the record, it would still be wearing the factory wheels if I could've gotten them. Lol

Congrats nice to see another Blue pop up. Lots of mods you can do that won't kill towing. A Magnacharger will def help pulling and make it a lot quicker. I tow my airboat with my stalled and cammed SS. Fire up that credit card :)