1/8 disappointment

Denaliguy

Well I used to think I had a pretty fast truck, but lately I've realized that's not true. I don't know if something is broken or if the truck is really that old with 170,000 miles. Made 5 passes last night with the fastest being a 10.98 on an 1/8th mile the truck is stick with only a k&n so I wasn't expecting much, but come on. Lifted 5.3's on 35" mud tires were doing faster. My reaction times were consistently .6-.7. The truck left faster off idle. Like a lot faster. The 10.98 came from leaving off idle and the rest were leaving off the foot brake at 1500 rpm, and those runs were averaging 11-12's. It just felt like it was bogging down super hard on me. Btw I drive a 2002 sierra Denali.

Edited by Denaliguy (see edit history)

Yeah those times aren't as fast as they prob should be. What mods so far? Is it a LQ4? Just mine to the track a couple months ago it went 9.2 n 9.4 my buddies stock SS went 9.9 n a couple 10 flats. Really consistent.

was it really hot out? DA? those all factor in, but its possible she could be getting tired. Really wouldn't know without a leak down test. But i bet it was just really hot out

It's was about 80ish outside maybe hotter. I'm at 850ft above sea level. It was stupid humid as it has rained all day but the track was dry. It's an lq4 with only a not very well sealed k&n. Both knock sensors are throwing codes as well as a random misfire and Evap system. Maybe when everything gets fixed it'll be better.