New 6.2 is no Joke

JC03SS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Randy. My SS is 9mpg around town and like 14 on the highway. The Denali is Awsome tho, worth every penny. Once I get the v4 mode and speed limiter off it will be perfect. Well almost. Have my eye on some sweet ass American Force wheels :P

Thanks Randy. My SS is 9mpg around town and like 14 on the highway. The Denali is Awsome tho, worth every penny. Once I get the v4 mode and speed limiter off it will be perfect. Well almost. Have my eye on some sweet ass American Force wheels :P

Speed limiter? Or the AFM? Speed limit is 98 and Will Throw you in the windshield if your not buckeled up lol. AFM is useless after 65 or so. The 8 speed is where you save gas. Like 1750 rpms at 80.

Speed limiter? Or the AFM? Speed limit is 98 and Will Throw you in the windshield if your not buckeled up lol. AFM is useless after 65 or so. The 8 speed is where you save gas. Like 1750 rpms at 80.

I know the first thing im doing to mine, If I don't remove the speed limiter then how am I gonna out run tornados ?

I'm interested in a 6.2. What is the realistic real world difference between one versus a 5.3 in a half ton crew cab? I overall average around 14.5 mpg in my awd SSS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a friend that has a 5.3 in a 2014 crew cab with the 6 speed. He's 15.5 mpg in town and right at 20 on the highway. The room in this truck is crazy the ride is great. It's a good bit bigger than my SS. I Love it. The ride is great. Only down fall is v4 mode and there pricey. You can make one in a low end Silverado or SLT gmc and save 10k life is short if you can swing it do it. Carrying the family in a new one is a Breeze. Leg room like crazy, SS ahhhhh no leg room. The 6.2 is a must to me tho it's only 1995$ more.

• 1 month later...