Exhaust question

Ok. So I'm starting to piece together my exhaust for my truck. I'd like to run some Dynatech's into dual cutouts into hi flow cats into stock catback. Im assuming if need 3" cutouts since that's what size the headers are and I'm bolting them as close to them as possible. What do I need to do for gaskets on the headers and plug wires? Will stock fit or do I need to get aftermarket? I'd like the truck to be quiet and I'm only concerned with performance when the cutouts are opened. Obviously I'm getting it tuned. Through zippy. Does this sound like s good idea?

I'm pretty sure Dynatech headers are 2 1/2 collectors but I could be wrong. As far as wires you can use the factory wires but a nice set is always a step up. As far as gasket I have always used the factory style ones and they are reusable I believe.

I was just worried about the wires touching the headers? Is that a problem with dynatechs? Also just realized the 2.5 in thing. I'll definitely be going the cutouts route now. Just have to figure out plug wire situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Swapping my new header bolts in today and broke one before I had even applied pressure to the head..... It's gonna be a long day guys.

PS the engine is warm and I've been soaking the bolts with wd40 for 2 and a half weeks now.

Edited by Denaliguy (see edit history)

Swapping my new header bolts in today and broke one before I had even applied pressure to the head..... It's gonna be a long day guys.

PS the engine is warm and I've been soaking the bolts with wd40 for 2 and a half weeks now.

At least it was just the head! Your still in the clear so to speak...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least it was just the head! Your still in the clear so to speak...

....it wasn't just the head though :( it was about half the bolt. I also have one bolt that was completely rounded before I even touched it and another that is wanting to strip on me. I got three bolts out before I called it quits. I'm just going to take it to a shop and as long as the bill is under $600 i'm good.

....it wasn't just the head though :( it was about half the bolt. I also have one bolt that was completely rounded before I even touched it and another that is wanting to strip on me. I got three bolts out before I called it quits. I'm just going to take it to a shop and as long as the bill is under $600 i'm good.

Damn that sucks! I guess I just got lucky when I changed mine out.. Did the same as you soaked them in PB Blaster a few times before I busted them loose...

So the bolt that stripped was caused from being impossible to remove because the header flange was broken in the middle causing it to sag and all the weight being put in this one bolt. I guess I'm just going to put a jack under the header and lift it up a bit to get some pressure off this bolt? Im not sure what else to do. How would that even happen?

Edited by Denaliguy (see edit history)

Headers are installed. But that's it. Stock exhaust has been removed until Monday when the muffler shop opens to install my corsa. Had to drive home 20 minutes at 30 on the interstate so I wouldn't bust my eardrums. I know I'm a stupid teenager from Alabama, but damn that's way too much for anyone to handle. Idk how people do that on a normal basis. Also truck is running like crap with 6mpg at 30 cruising. It idles at like 300 at red lights and dies a lot. Needless to say it'll be trailered to the exhaust shop Monday. On a good note, however, it sounds cammed lol. A buddy of mine commented on the lope haha.