Programmers

4Runner

My truck only has a volant ram air with box and that's it. I'm planning on putting two mufflers on the exhaust with a H-pipe. But I was wondering what you guys think about these? Are they worth it. Do they really give you 25 hp 29 lb/ft? Main thing I really want it for is firmer shifts moving the rev limiter and shift points. I think that's what's going to help this truck the most. But that's also a lot of power from just a programmer isn't it? Thanks guys

http://www.realtruck.com/edge-cts2-evolution-performance-chip/R184409P2003Y734MA.html

I guess that would help lol

For almost half that price you can get a mail order tune from zippy and make better power and he can do a lot more than that programmer. You will never see that power out of that programmer unless it's to the crank not wheels. And for exhaust why H pipe? X pipe is better in my Op.

For almost half that price you can get a mail order tune from zippy and make better power and he can do a lot more than that programmer. You will never see that power out of that programmer unless it's to the crank not wheels. And for exhaust why H pipe? X pipe is better in my Op.

I agree with RB.

It kinda seems like a pain in the ass to go that rought. I don't like waiting forever for one really. And I don't know anything about it. So many questions about it. The H-pipe would be easier to instal on the stock exhaust tubing then a X. Or am I thinking to hard about it? I also read that H-pipes are for low end torque and a X is for high horsepower. With how little upgrades I have and for my budget I kinda thought it would be better with what I do have. Does that sound right?

You can tell me if I'm being stupid lol

Edited by 4Runner (see edit history)

No not being stupid at all. Here's the thing with the exhaust. The X is great low or high rpms. Your Awd so you got plenty of Tq off the line. The X pipe flows better. Air in air out as quick as possible. If you were all stock and opened up your exhaust to dual 3" you would feel a power loss. As far as the computer goes I had Zippy make me one and when it got here I replaced it with my stock one. Black bear can do it also. It's worth every penny. You can have lots of stuff done with that tune and just minor things done with a hand held. You can have some Tq management removed shift firmness done, speed limiter taken off. You tell them what is done to your truck and what you want done in the tune and it will wake it up.

post-21185-0-46288500-1432468439_thumb.jpg. How I had my X pipe in

post-21185-0-34389500-1432468326_thumb.jpg. After I changed it to cut outs. Magnaflow has an X pipe inside.

It's all custom. That's what I wanted most people like stock.

It kinda seems like a pain in the ass to go that rought. I don't like waiting forever for one really. And I don't know anything about it. So many questions about it. The H-pipe would be easier to instal on the stock exhaust tubing then a X. Or am I thinking to hard about it? I also read that H-pipes are for low end torque and a X is for high horsepower. With how little upgrades I have and for my budget I kinda thought it would be better with what I do have. Does that sound right?

You can tell me if I'm being stupid lol

All you have to do is call Zippy @ 702-406-0333, tell him your mods and he will mail you a PCM that has the tune already installed on it. Then all you need to do is swap your PCM's

Yep like others have said. A custom tune is the way to go. It is a very simple process in will net you much better gains than a hand held programmer.

I have had 2 different vehicles with tunes from Nelson Performance and i could not be happier.