SSS Awd vs. Escalade Awd

Hey guys, new member here. First of all, I dont own a SSS.. However, I do own a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. 6.0L, NV149 AWD, 4L65 trans. Currently its bone stock other than being tuned. I had the speed limiter, torque management, and knock sensors removed. On a mustang awd dyno I put down 225HP, 275TQ. Keep in mind, its bone stock with a drop in K/N filter. Big plans for the future, just saving up for a house. It has a 3" lift, and 33's M/T's on it. I use this truck for work (may as well be comfortable at work) and its been the best work truck I've had so far. Already have 185000 miles on her now. So the reason I came over here is because the Cadillac forums are extremely weak as far as performance goes.... I'm curious as to the actual similarities between the two platforms, alot of ya'll are pushing some serious power through your trucks (pause for the ego stroke) and I'd like to get my Lac to around 500-550 to the wheels. My plans are Volant CAI, headers, catback, LS6 cam, LS6 valvetrain, retune, Efans, and good plugs, and wires. May possibly boost her, idk maybe a Vortech supercharger.. If I go with twins,I'd want 1000HP+ and I'd go full bore, built motor, trans, t-case, axles, driveshafts, the whole 9 yards... But for now, bolt-ons and a cam is the goal. What other upgrades should I expect or plan for to achieve my goal? Also, I have to have my t-case rebuilt now anyway, so from what I've read on here so far the NV149 is a pretty stout unit, and should be able to handle the power, and I would think the trans would hold also, could be wrong, but any input would be appriciated!! Thanks ya'll

Yea, the rear knock sensor went bad so for the time being, I had them tuned out. It was running like crap, pulled like 20* of timing out. I don't believe in doing work twice, so when I get other mods done they will be replaced as well and added back in the retune. Thanks for the advice. I thought the 4L65 was a beefed up 60e? Would it not handle 700-750hp? Boost or juice huh? Well then I suppose I'll start looking into that. Would prefer boost, but not opposed to spray.

The 4l65e has a cpl small parts that are slightly better than the 60, but by no means beefed up. With power and larger tires, that will definitely be your weak point. I haven't done much for performance yet and am only making 450 awhp, but it ate my 60e up quick. I just finished my 80e swap.

if your looking for 5-550 wheel you will most definitely need boost. a considerable amount at that. unless you plan on building a real nice motor. lots of guys on here have done the 80e swap and some have went and built there 65es. i personally have no complaints with my FLT level 6 65e. ive had it for 5 years now and its been behind 2 different superchargers. there are guys on here pushing 800-1000 through FLT 65e's and have been doing it for a while.

My truck made 600hp at the tires with the 4L80E, it kept breaking the 65E even when I tried launching soft and zero timing on shift. Kept breaking first gear, gave up and installed the 80E. The 80E needed clutches at 120,000 miles, started getting aggressive shifts in second. Been a few converters in it trying to find what I liked, but the 80E has been tough!

Kurt

Guys, great info. Thanks alot! Ok so it definitely sounds like a FLT level 6 trans or a built 80e. The 60e in my Gmc is built for 600hp and my builder dared me to break it! Only running 400hp through it though. He can build me a 80e but I'll have to source out the billet input shaft that alot of guys are doing. May go ahead and look for a supercharger since low end power is what I'll need. Thanks for all the input y'all.