Stiffer torsion bars?

Does anybody sell stiffer rate front torsion bars that are direct fit? After driving my old car with tight handling my truck just seems loose. It has stock suspension other then shocks and larger front sway bar. I was thinking with 167,000 miles maybe new stock ones would be helpful.

Kurt

Torsion bars never wear out. Most likely you have worn suspension components. If shocks have never been replaced your WAY over due. Also check ball joints tie rods etc as you probably need some if not all with that kind of mileage.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I've changed shocks multiple times since the truck was new, and some front end parts. The spring rate is soft, becomes very apparent after driving my coil spring car with aftermarket performance coils from Eibach. What I would like is aftermarket torsion bars with higher rate, although new ones would probably produce some gains.

Kurt

Hate to break it to you but a 1/2 pickup will never handle like a sports car..... And there isn't a stiffer bar you can buy like you can with a car.

My "sports car" is a 1978 Malibu station wagon:)

Anything can be made to handle better then it does, just like any part of a car. I am just asking for info on something I would like for my Silverado SS, on a Silverado SS board:)

Kurt

Hey Kurt.

Check out this thread. I haven't studied this enough to know for sure if it will accept various spring rate springs, but I think that it might.

Couldn't hurt to get a hold of Richard, (AKA Atomic), and ask a few questions about his product.

Good luck.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/85733-99-07-4wd-front-coilover-conversion/

Hey Kurt.

Check out this thread. I haven't studied this enough to know for sure if it will accept various spring rate springs, but I think that it might.

Couldn't hurt to get a hold of Richard, (AKA Atomic), and ask a few questions about his product.

Good luck.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/85733-99-07-4wd-front-coilover-conversion/

That looks like it would work well, thanks!

Kurt

Not sure if I will try this, but I might! Truck has been sitting since the Malibu got going, did not drive the truck for one year. Right now it needs a fuel pump, can't run it hard or the pressure drops. Going to fix that next, then drive for awhile as daily driver until I get the interior fixed in the Malibu. Thanks for the help!

Kurt