Got myself a new ride

diggerdan11

First I was like:

D1EE1AC8-0D44-4897-9D86-0ACC4FFFD09E_zps

Then I was like:

0DD88D8A-8E2E-4683-A8B8-4A19469EF4A8_zps

So as some of you saw, the Engine on my Subaru daily driver decided to give out. I was driving home from a lunch last Saturday and my oil light came on my car, I went right to the auto parts store on my way home, and checked the oil and it was fine (I also just checked it like 2 days before). So I decided to limp it home. Well on the way home I started hearing a nasty noise from my turbo. I had it towed to a local Subaru perfromance shop and theyheyh checked it out. Looks like my oil pump broke (which I guess is verry uncomon) and in that short time I starved my Turbo of oil (but it did not seem damaged), but they were certain the engine was shot. I guess when Subaru engines begin to knock that means they are done, and usually when the oil light comes on its already too late.

So the shop quoted me $3500-$5000 to re-build the engine depending on how bad the damage was, and if I wanted to put beefier parts in to replace the weak originals. Well the car was only worth $8-9K running so I tried to decied if I wanted to re-build it or not. Plus the shop was 15 weeks out on being able to re-build my engine. I found a couple other shops that could do it much much sooner, but they quoted my anywhere from $8-12K! Well the owner of the shop offered my $4k for the car as is, he can fix it (not have to pay labor) and sell it to someone else. He will probalby do a full build with STi parts, etc.... so it might be pretty badass when done.

So I decided to take the money. I spent the last week shopping around. I knew what car I wanted, but I looked for the perfect one. Well I found it.

2010 BMW 335i xDrive with less than 40k miles on it. It has basically every option offered, iDrive, sport package, Nav, etc... And I got it for a pretty reasonable deal on it. So far Im loving the power. It has the 3.0L twin turbo 300hp/300torque. I have wanted one for a long time. I have read that just a tune the wheel HP will go from 240 to 310 which is more than the previous 01-06 M3 had! So it should be a pretty awesome car to mod.

Im looking forward to adding some minor touches to the car.

Congrat's Dan. Looks like you fell in crap and came up smelling like roses. :jester:

Enjoy yourr new ride.

You have no idea. So im normally not the one to complain and bitch and tell people all about my problems, but I had one hell of a shit storm 2 weeks ago.

Sunday- Lost my wedding ring. I have no idea where it went. I tore apart my house and vehicles and could not find it. So i decided to buy another one.

Monday- Wife and I were suppose to go see Garth Brooks (A show I have been waiting to see for 25 years).At the concert I got super sick, and had to bail (and no i was not drinking because I dont really drink ever). I felt really bad especially for my wife because she want to go so bad. Luckily he was playing 2 more shows in Portland so i was able to get tickets to the last show. But of course I had to pay 3 times what i paid for the first show tickets.

Wednesday- Got the title in the mail for my Subaru since i just paid it off. Normally this would be a good thing, but we know what happened.

Friday- found out the U of O gave away my parents season tickets. I guess they sent my parents 3 letters, and 3 phone calls telling my parents it was time to renew there season tickets. My parents were on vacation and they had all their mail on hold. When they got home they had a stack of main, but nothing from U of O, and there were no messages on my parents phone. So I call BS. Im super pissed because we have had season tickets in the same seats for 20 season. They offered us some other seats but they are crappy ones, and my dad is so pissed that he told them to go to hell. So no U of O games for us this year

Saturday- The engine blew on the Subaru

Sunday- Got a ticket for a window tint on my truck. This is BS because when I had them tinted I told the shop I wanted legal limit, but I did not have any proof they were the legal limit. I always thought they seemed dark, but I thought it was no big deal. The shop that did mine is 300 miles away, so they could not fix it, but I gave them a piece of my mind. So I had a local shop put new tint on for me, and I will get the ticket dismissed next week.

So it was a pretty nasty week, but I got through it, and hopefully things will turn around for me.

Well anyway. As far as the BMW goes. First thing im going to do it get rid of the stupid ugly yellowish halo rings. All you have to do is replace the bulbs with LEDs and they look a nice 6000k color. I also may replace the chrome kidney grills with wither color matched ones or carbon fiber ones. I have seen them before in both color matched and carbon and they look great. Then I will probably get an Accessport which is a handheld tuner.

my friend had a 335i sedan m6 n55. he put a downpipe on it with a jb4 and that thing was fast i loved driving it when he let me. sounded real mean with the downpipe also. great car i would definitely rather have that over an e46 m3 any day. enjoy

You have no idea. So im normally not the one to complain and bitch and tell people all about my problems, but I had one hell of a shit storm 2 weeks ago.

Sunday- Lost my wedding ring. I have no idea where it went. I tore apart my house and vehicles and could not find it. So i decided to buy another one.

Monday- Wife and I were suppose to go see Garth Brooks (A show I have been waiting to see for 25 years).At the concert I got super sick, and had to bail (and no i was not drinking because I dont really drink ever). I felt really bad especially for my wife because she want to go so bad. Luckily he was playing 2 more shows in Portland so i was able to get tickets to the last show. But of course I had to pay 3 times what i paid for the first show tickets.

Wednesday- Got the title in the mail for my Subaru since i just paid it off. Normally this would be a good thing, but we know what happened.

Friday- found out the U of O gave away my parents season tickets. I guess they sent my parents 3 letters, and 3 phone calls telling my parents it was time to renew there season tickets. My parents were on vacation and they had all their mail on hold. When they got home they had a stack of main, but nothing from U of O, and there were no messages on my parents phone. So I call BS. Im super pissed because we have had season tickets in the same seats for 20 season. They offered us some other seats but they are crappy ones, and my dad is so pissed that he told them to go to hell. So no U of O games for us this year

Saturday- The engine blew on the Subaru

Sunday- Got a ticket for a window tint on my truck. This is BS because when I had them tinted I told the shop I wanted legal limit, but I did not have any proof they were the legal limit. I always thought they seemed dark, but I thought it was no big deal. The shop that did mine is 300 miles away, so they could not fix it, but I gave them a piece of my mind. So I had a local shop put new tint on for me, and I will get the ticket dismissed next week.

So it was a pretty nasty week, but I got through it, and hopefully things will turn around for me.

Well anyway. As far as the BMW goes. First thing im going to do it get rid of the stupid ugly yellowish halo rings. All you have to do is replace the bulbs with LEDs and they look a nice 6000k color. I also may replace the chrome kidney grills with wither color matched ones or carbon fiber ones. I have seen them before in both color matched and carbon and they look great. Then I will probably get an Accessport which is a handheld tuner.

Good grief Dan. That is for sure a week from hell. A lesser man may not have recovered from it. I hope that finding the BMW marks a change in your luck.

And my luck continues

I was messing with the review mirror trying to see how I would be able to do a hardware install of my radar detector, and I broke the mirror off of the glass. It took a little glass with it. So I have to call a window place tomorrow and see what it might take to fix it. I can call the dealership and see if this is something that is covered under my 3 month warranty, but probably not. And Im pretty sure my insurance wont cover it.

Looks like im out another $700

2281E869-59D5-4B01-B6E3-4BDAAD1813B8_zps

121BAFB0-54E8-44B6-8D02-F0EC6C4E53E8_zps

Hey Dan, man you've had some rough times lately. Keep your head up though. We all go through them, and always remember to be thankful for all you do have. Even with you're hard luck, we still have it better than a lot of people. Best of luck from here on out!

Comes in spurts like that sometimes. Believe me I've had mine as well. Hope it gets better Dan. Like said above be thankful for what you do have these are all material things.

Comes in spurts like that sometimes. Believe me I've had mine as well. Hope it gets better Dan. Like said above be thankful for what you do have these are all material things.

Yep, its just material things. And this is why I try to save as much money as I can, and Why i have Credit Cards. Things are replaceable.

Dont worry, it takes a lot to get me down. Im just hoping I hear some good news this next week regarding my business. Trying to open a restaurants has been a frustrating task. Hopefully I will hear back next week about this great location i want to lease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk