Blew headgasket today

My 05 procharged SS with 190 000 miles finally quit on me, blew passenger side head gasket. I already pulled the heads today and ordered new parts nothing fancy just all new fasteners and felpro gaskets for the intake, heads, and exhaust manifolds. Would've done studs and ls9 gaskets and all that but honestly didn't see the point it will never see more than 6-8 psi and I just want my baby back on the road asap! Any tips/tricks for doing the new gaskets is appreciated.

Thanks

Gaskets are cake. glad thats all it was. I would not have replaced it with stock bolts. i would have atleast got the Arp bolts. as the factory bolts to torque to yeild bolts so they are not reuasble. On my LS2 I went with the arp and glad Im did because it only lasted 4k miles and I have to open the motor back up but wont have to buy new headbolts again.

Sorry to hear that man. 190,000 miles and having a procharger something was bound to give out, glad to hear you can save it! What procharger are you running, a p1 or a d1? Keep us posted!

Its a P1sc

That is a ton of miles with a procharger! And only a head gasket? Not bad. I'll be following this to see how hard it is to fix.

So far tearing it apart was actually pretty easy, once I get the new parts we shall see how easy it all goes back on

I Also cannot believe how clean the motor is inside I was expecting to see it just caked with carbon I don't even run a catch can haha. But there is zero and I mean zero carbon build up In the intake ports and on the valves, also you could eat off the tops of the pistons and the combustion chambers.

I Think it goes without saying that im already a diehard GM guy, but after this Its even more set in stone, this truck has been so much fun and given me no trouble along the way, BTW my 4l65e is Bone stock and still going strong :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that man. 190,000 miles and having a procharger something was bound to give out, glad to hear you can save it! What procharger are you running, a p1 or a d1? Keep us posted!

Im in the landscaping business and its looking like rain on Thursday, I hope it does and my parts arrive by then. It would be sweet if I could be cruising again by the weekend!

I will keep this thread updated and hopefully post some pics once I get some time.

Bit of an update, Got it all back together today after getting a few issues worked out, Just gotta fill the coolant tomorrow and go get some oil then I will be ready to turn the key!! God I hope I did everything right haha

Well she's back on the road boys!!! Good as new, fixed a few other odds and ends while I was in there, and now its running great. Going to change the oil a few more times over the next few weeks just to make sure all the coolant is out. took me about 20 hours to complete. It would have gone faster but I spent a lot of time cleaning everything before it went back together. looking forward to another 100 000 miles in my SS!! :thumbsup: